Sunday, August 20: Orioles go for a sweep in Oakland on last game of west coast trip

SteveA

12 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Yeah we were that awful team so recently I actually am taking no extra joy by smashing them into the ground.  Its a real sad sight now with them going to move to Las Vegas and losing a 100 games a year.  But so happy the Orioles are past that stage. 

At least it's not the NFL, where you can be selling out games and have incredible fan support and they'll move the team anyway.

I was watching an in depth review of the Orioles and how they are winning.  They said that the Orioles are not really elite at anything at all except for perhaps late inning relief pitching.   Only Bradish was above a major league average starter.  Our defense was middle of the pack.  Our hitting was middle of the pack.  Our starters were slightly below middle of the pack.   We were getting slightly above average production out of every position except SS.  SS we were very low on because of Mateo.

They really couldnt figure out how we were doing it.  

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At least it's not the NFL, where you can be selling out games and have incredible fan support and they'll move the team anyway.

Moving teams is the American sports equivalent of relegation in soccer (everywhere but the US). But at least in relegation, the fans do not lose their team. The American system is horrible.

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I was watching an in depth review of the Orioles and how they are winning.  They said that the Orioles are not really elite at anything at all except for perhaps late inning relief pitching.   Only Bradish was above a major league average starter.  Our defense was middle of the pack.  Our hitting was middle of the pack.  Our starters were slightly below middle of the pack.   We were getting slightly above average production out of every position except SS.  SS we were very low on because of Mateo.

They really couldnt figure out how we were doing it.  

Our hitting is better than middle of the pack. Some truth to what you are saying though. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Think of how much higher his trade value will be in the off-season if he throws a perfect game!

I don’t think he was alluding to that…I think it was more along the lines of winning the games and winning the division, injuries, etc. 

But not being able to enjoy a perfect game bid in a playoff race is pretty silly.