Wednesday afternoon August 30: Orioles try to cap spectacular month with sweep of White Sox

SteveA

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Reminder that Chicago wanted Jackson Holliday for Dylan Cease. 

I came here just for this.

But to be fair, if Cease was on the Orioles with their coaching and Walltimore there's a decent chance his ERA would be under 5.00. That's a regular TOR ace, right there. Also, he wouldn't have to face the Orioles.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Frazier giveth and Frazier taketh away.

Too hard to tell if that throw would have been close at home but at least Frazier made them cut it off and let Cedric score standing.  

Yeah, Robert has a great arm, Frazier took that out of the equation and the run scored. It would have been nice to still be in the inning, but worse things have happened.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He is extremely overrated.

At the beginning of the season, I would have certainly disagreed (as some know I was advocated for the O's to try to acquire him). But I'm going to have to take the L and say I was completely wrong on that one! By the time June came and went, I did a 180 and changed my mind. Cease has had a really bad year, terrible when compared to last season,

There is no way the CHI SOX could get anything close to a top 20 prospect for him now, let alone #1.

Just now, G54377 said:

Cease is less scary every time I see him.

I wonder whether he could be gotten more cheaply in the winter?  Verlander wasn't lighting the world on fire when the Astros traded for him, but they knew what the problem was.  Perhaps the Orioles know with Cease.