Jorge Lopez is Back

Orioles Jim

On 9/6/2023 at 3:01 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

Not quite all year. The first month of the season he started off on a roll.

13 G; 0.00 ERA; 0.583 WHIP; 10.0 K/BB; 2 saves

Many O's fans (here an more broadly) were absolutely saying that we could use a pitcher like that and Elias was bad for having dealt him.

Even thru his first 21 appearances had a great ERA: 1.31. That had to be an important sign to Elias.

I have to wonder if it's because of him throwing his glove to the ground after the last batter he faced.  He's been dealing with a lot this year.....he may need a mental break again.  I feel bad for him.  He didn't look bad, he just grooved a couple of pitches and the Rays made him pay.

I hope he gets himself right for next year, wherever he plays.  It's hard not to pull for him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I have to wonder if it's because of him throwing his glove to the ground after the last batter he faced.  He's been dealing with a lot this year.....he may need a mental break again.  I feel bad for him.  He didn't look bad, he just grooved a couple of pitches and the Rays made him pay.

I hope he gets himself right for next year, wherever he plays.  It's hard not to pull for him.

To be honest, it was pretty unprofessional for him to throw the glove like that (pretty sure it was in the middle of the play!). Fortunately his negativity didn't rub off on the rest of the team. I'm pretty much done with Jorge. We took a chance on him, time to move on. What's Tyler Wells been up to lately? 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't think they're going to DFA him maybe Lopez is making a trip to the IL and maybe Irvin is getting called back up. Irvin has more value to the team right now. 

Irvin started for Norfolk today, they wouldn't bring him up now when he won't be available for a few days

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

To be honest, it was pretty unprofessional for him to throw the glove like that (pretty sure it was in the middle of the play!). Fortunately his negativity didn't rub off on the rest of the team. I'm pretty much done with Jorge. We took a chance on him, time to move on. What's Tyler Wells been up to lately? 

It was unprofessional.....and it's indicative of someone who is struggling mentally to allow that to happen there.

The last box score I looked at for Norfolk with Tyler Wells in it was not pretty.  I haven't looked at one in about a week though....

11 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

It was unprofessional.....and it's indicative of someone who is struggling mentally to allow that to happen there.

The last box score I looked at for Norfolk with Tyler Wells in it was not pretty.  I haven't looked at one in about a week though....

It's appropriate that someone with your board name is talking about mental issues !

17 hours ago, panick said:

It's appropriate that someone with your board name is talking about mental issues !

Maybe.....but my Board name was derived (not lying) from the insanity of many of the rants that get posted in these threads....mostly the emotional over-reactions to everything from daily line-up decisions to roster moves to trades we didn't make, that we never even knew if we could have made them.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Wells hasn't pitched since Friday. He had a bad outing Friday but didn't allow a run in 4 of his other 5 AAA outings. I think he will be the one getting the call if anyone is.

That said, I wouldn't take the word of a random Tweet that Lopez isn't traveling to Houston. He celebrated the playoff berth yesterday so it isn't like he cleaned out his locker.

Edited by MurphDogg