Jorge Lopez is Back

Orioles Jim

10 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I have a feeling Irvin is going back to the pen. Means up and takes his spot in the rotation.

Maybe, but that still wouldn’t explain taking a flyer on a guy who clearly hasn’t been the same since the Orioles traded him.

Also, if anyone needs to come out of the rotation it’s Gibson.

3 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Elias in his own words:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/mccann-on-clubhouse-chemistry-we-have-guys-who-truly-love-each-other-and-truly-want-the-best-for-each-other

In his own words, he clearly states that it's a factor as "a big asset for us" and that they "got to keep that in mind" and that he "can't imagine that's not helping us win this year."

You can argue whether or not it should be a factor, but by his own words, it clearly is.

“Helping us” is not “primary factor” like your last article claimed .  We just disagree .. what is Elias going to say to a reporter. “Oh character makes no difference to us”.. what he says in quotes to reporters is good PR and no doubt it’s true that the guys get along well together . 
But I believe Mike is quite capable of being ruthless and uses value and talent and plan as 99 percent of his calls.  Obviously if somebody is a sociopath, sure, he factors that in. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tntoriole said:

“Helping us” is not “primary factor” like your last article claimed .  We just disagree .. what is Elias going to say to a reporter. “Oh character makes no difference to us”.. what he says in quotes to reporters is good PR and no doubt it’s true that the guys get along well together . 
But I believe Mike is quite capable of being ruthless and uses value and talent and plan as 99 percent of his calls.  Obviously if somebody is a sociopath, sure, he factors that in. 

I said very clearly (and repeatedly) that it’s NOT a primary factor but it IS A factor. Elias’ own words confirm that.

By Elias’ own words, it’s a factor that you “certainly got to keep in mind.”

Take it up with Elias.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

I said very clearly (and repeatedly) that it’s NOT a primary factor but it IS A factor. Elias’ own words confirm that.

By Elias’ own words, it’s a factor that you “certainly got to keep in mind.”

Take it up with Elias.

I believe it is a minor factor at best and Elias uses talent and budget as 99 percent. 
And I will lol 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

He looked good so far. Relief pitchers a psycho-physical nut cases. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pitch a high leverage spot or two in the playoffs. Just take a deep breath and roll. 

He's not eligible for the playoffs but he can certainly help us get there.

• Upvote 1