Rays series

Sports Guy

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was there today with my wife.  She’s 9-0 at OPACY this year.  What a thrilling win.  And the place was rocking from the 8th inning on.  That call at home plate really got the crowd riled up, until it was overturned.  

I think it is time you make sure that you attend every O's home game with your wife from here until the end of the season.

We can start a go fund me if you need it.  :)

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was there today with my wife.  She’s 9-0 at OPACY this year.  What a thrilling win.  And the place was rocking from the 8th inning on.  That call at home plate really got the crowd riled up, until it was overturned.  

...on the flip side...

I was there with my wife and three kids on Friday.  My son managed to get his sign on the Jumbotron while I was out peeing but we, sadly, drew Flaherty as our starter.  I spent all week talking up how crazy the place would be, especially if we won - probably jinxed it according to Roy, but we stayed til the bitter end cheering and I even got a free beer from the nice ladies in front of me for the ongoing baseball talk they overheard  with my 14 year old daughter.

We're 0-3 since last year.

Edited by drjohnnyfever1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was there today with my wife.  She’s 9-0 at OPACY this year.  What a thrilling win.  And the place was rocking from the 8th inning on.  That call at home plate really got the crowd riled up, until it was overturned.  

Someone make a go fund me so we can get Frobby's wife the 81 game season plan in the best seats in the house. I'll throw in.

• Haha 1

I have to admit when the O's and Bradish lost the first game I was thinking the O's would be lucky to win one game.  I congratulate the O's players and coaches pulling together and getting a split, which is a huge win for the O's and a huge lose for the Rays.  The O's at 93-56 are 3 games up in the loss column on the 92-59 Rays.  If the O's go a lowly 7-6 over the remainder of the season, the Rays would have to finish 9-2.  I'm liking the O's chances.

18 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

...on the flip side...

I was there with my wife and three kids on Friday.  My son managed to get his sign on the Jumbotron while I was out peeing but we, sadly, drew Flaherty as our starter.  I spent all week talking up how crazy the place would be, especially if we won - probably jinxed it according to Roy, but we stayed til the bitter end cheering and I even got a free beer from the nice ladies in front of me for the ongoing baseball talk they overheard  with my 14 year old daughter.

We're 0-3 since last year.

Everyone needs their sign on the Jumbotron and nice ladies giving them beer.

• Haha 2

Extremely evenly matched series against the class of the AL felt like it went to the judges for a split decision with the O’s carrying the day.

Kremer, Bradish, and GRod can go toe to toe with the games best.  Clutch hitting came back in a strong way showing this teams resilience.  Mateo showed exactly why he is so valuable, his speed is a difference maker. 

Up 3 in the loss column, 4 in reality, with 13 to play, couldn’t have asked for anything more before this series started.

• Upvote 1

Earlier today I was tempted to confess a "Mea culpa" post. Following the series closely, but today had to work at game time. Taking a break for lunch, I arrived home just in time to see Jorge Lopez cough up those go-ahead HRs to make it 3-1 in the 8th. Woe is me! Sorry Baltimore!

Sat glued to my chair during lunch for the next three innings of miraculous comebacks (Adley! Hays-Mateo-Frazier! Adley! The NY umpire review team!). By the top of the 11th, with Ray's go-ahead run on base, and Arozarena vs. Hall, I couldn't take the tension anymore and had to get back to work. So I put the game on pause. 

Returned a few hours later (refrained from checking the final score) to watch how the thing would unfold. Pessimistic with the O's bullpen on fumes, but I cajoled my partner to sit and watch with me. She marveled at Gunnar's acrobatic pick and throw from third. Clicking past the ad to the bottom half, I marveled at O'Hearn's surprising bunt. Then Mullins.

Redemption! Faith! Orioles Magic!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Yea - we won in spite of Hyde and Frazier. How  bout cherishing this team - this season.  I know being positive is frowned at a bit on here but for me this was perhaps the best/most fun/most nerve racking game I've seen in all my 70 years of watching Orioles baseball. Two of the best teams in baseball toe to toe and going to the playoffs at the same time. . Get use to it. This is in my opinion, the start of years of the O's versus the Rays.

You forgot to mention O'Hearn, Fujinami, and Mateo too

• Upvote 1