John Means 2023 (finally)

Frobby

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

John Means looked like an Ace tonight. I agree with Jim Palmer who said that Means pitched himself into the #2 spot of the playoff rotation.  So the way I currently see the playoff rotation...

1. Bradish

2. Means

3. Rodriguez 

4. Gibson/Kremer

5. Kremer/Gibson

without a doubt, we're better off with the lefty pitching at home also, in a 3 game series i guess having him as the 3 since they'd all be at home... but in a 5 gamer i think you utilize your lefty starter at home over on the road if staff sees GRod/Means as about even, in the 5 game series your #1 starter goes game 5 if needed but #2 starter also can be available out of the bullpen in win or go home do or die scenario. 

2 hours ago, Winter said:

without a doubt, we're better off with the lefty pitching at home also, in a 3 game series i guess having him as the 3 since they'd all be at home... but in a 5 gamer i think you utilize your lefty starter at home over on the road if staff sees GRod/Means as about even, in the 5 game series your #1 starter goes game 5 if needed but #2 starter also can be available out of the bullpen in win or go home do or die scenario. 

Agreed, but I think the results of the first several games and the MLB scheduling for the next series will dictate what Brandon Hyde does in a game 5-7 for his starters. If the Orioles are close to clinching that series and they have to play a quick turnaround, obviously the team will need their best starters to begin the next series too. And I would say that Kremer and Gibson are both equally capable pitchers in a spot if needed.

I think we won't know who starts for a game 4 or 5 etc until the first 2 or 3 games of the series shows us how things are going.