The Orioles Bullpen, They can fix it

ScGO's

13 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

AJ Pierzynski not pulling any punches analyzing how fatigued Cionel looks.

He just looked like he didn’t have control tonight.  Some nights you just don’t have it.  It isn’t like he has been throwing a lot of pitches.  He threw 5, 8, and 3 in those three games.  So 16 pitches in the last week.  

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Find a way to get Irvin back up here tomorrow and I understand that means putting a pitcher on the IL. Elias shouldn't have sent him down to begin with after Bautista got injured.

Somebody needs to be "hurt" tonight, at least one, and some fresh arms brought up.  Irvin at the top of the list.

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Find a way to get Irvin back up here tomorrow and I understand that means putting a pitcher on the IL. Elias shouldn't have sent him down to begin with after Bautista got injured.

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Somebody needs to be "hurt" tonight, at least one, and some fresh arms brought up.  Irvin at the top of the list.

Ok who?  Who do you want leaving ?

37 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He just looked like he didn’t have control tonight.  Some nights you just don’t have it.  It isn’t like he has been throwing a lot of pitches.  He threw 5, 8, and 3 in those three games.  So 16 pitches in the last week.  

He's thrown 3 of the past 4 games and getting up and throwing the bullpen each day is taxing. It's not just what they do on the mound.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Malike said:

He's thrown 3 of the past 4 games and getting up and throwing the bullpen each day is taxing. It's not just what they do on the mound.

Something far too often overlooked.  

It's a general criticism I have of Hyde as compared to Buck Showalter.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Ok who?  Who do you want leaving ?

Lopez is the obvious and easy answer. Fuji maybe, but I think he could be useful if the Orioles stop pitching him back to back days. Baumann is another. Come on this isn't O'Day, Britton, Miller or Brach from 2014 that we're talking about putting on the IL.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lopez is the obvious and easy answer. Fuji maybe, but I think he could be useful if the Orioles stop pitching him back to back days. Baumann is another. Come on this isn't O'Day, Britton, Miller or Brach from 2014 that we're talking about putting on the IL.

Not saying it is. All I’m saying is somebody has to go. 

My guess is they go one more day and see what happens. They may be forced to do something.  

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Webb, Bauman, or Perez.

Perez over the past 2 months has a 1.29 ERA, a 2.40 FIP, and 1 K/Inning. He is the last bullpen arm you should want off of this team right now. You cannot pitch these guys 4 out of 5 days and expect perfection.

• Upvote 2

Just now, eddie83 said:

Not saying it is. All I’m saying is somebody has to go. 

My guess is they go one more day and see what happens. They may be forced to do something.  

I think they're pushing it waiting one more day to make a move. Even one quality start by Kremer isn't going to be enough to reset the bullpen.

Kremer is has pitched 7 innings four times this year and we really need him to go 7 innings tomorrow with the offense scoring a bunch of runs.