Saturday, Sept 23: Orioles at Guardians

SteveA

Just now, allquixotic said:

You've got line quality issues, my friend. Could be anywhere along the line, fiber or ethernet or coax depending on your setup, but most definitely... line quality issues.

I was thinking it was maybe related to all the rain? It usually doesn't do this. 

Just now, MDK02 said:

I was thinking it was maybe related to all the rain? It usually doesn't do this. 

If rain causes your TV or internet (or both) to drop, that's also a line quality issue. It's amazingly common. It's the Internet equivalent of having your lights constantly flicker. You might not notice it when surfing the web because the data is just re-sent if it gets lost, but you might notice it on phone calls over WiFi or VoIP, or disconnections from games if you're a computer/console gamer.

But it doesn't necessarily have to impact your internet, if the issue is just with your TV setup. Either way, you should have 100% reliability rain or shine; if not, that's an issue your ISP can help with. They can at least pinpoint the problem. Might be within your house's wiring, or it might be outside the house.

• Upvote 3