The Good from the ALDS

baltfan

Gunnar showed he can handle the pressure.  He started off 0-3 and with the Rangers obviously banking on him not being able to hit lefties.  He then gets a clutch hit in the ninth off their closer only to be erased when Hicks missed the hit-and-run sign.  In Game 2, he gets two hits including a homer off a tough lefty to knock him out of the game.  In Game 3, he goes 3-4  including a hit of 101 from Chapman.  His final batting average was .500.  Tremendous performance.

DL Hall pitched really well in this series.  He allowed no hits and 1BB in 3.1 innings.  He also struck out 6.  The innings in Game 1 were really key innings.  Great to see he can rise to the occasion.

Edited by baltfan
  • Upvote 1

I actually thought Bradish looked pretty good. 9 Ks in 4.2 innings. Gave up some hits but only walked one. Wells looked good. There's a lot more to build around than just the obvious guys like Gunnar, Adley, Rodriguez, and Holliday.

I'd like to see Hicks back in an O's uniform next year.

I'm just happy all of the young guys got postseason experience.

My biggest concern for the offseason is Angelos not spending. The O's went from Odor and Lyles to Frazier and Gibson. Upgrades, but not massive upgrades, but a step in the right direction. Now they go from Frazier and Gibson to what?

Edited by dzorange
  • Upvote 1