Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

I don’t agree he looked like 2023 Bradish. He didn’t miss bats or throw strikes to the level he did in 2023.

But he still looked very good and, more importantly, he pitched.  Now, let’s see if he can keep doing it.

CI in the first inning probably cost him a win.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t agree he looked like 2023 Bradish. He didn’t miss bats or throw strikes to the level he did in 2023.

But he still looked very good and, more importantly, he pitched.  Now, let’s see if he can keep doing it.

Jim Palmer said he looked like 2023 Bradish so I am going to go with his opinion over yours :) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

He didn't look quite like his peak self. But he was close enough to that for me to be very encouraged by the outing. Great to have him back. 

He got squeezed by the ump and the extended first inning didn't help. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, he had 5 Ks in 4 2/3 innings and 61% strike rate.  Pretty hard to criticize that.

I don't think anybody is saying that this start is the absolute peak of a Bradish performance, but saying he looked like he did last year because he had the same stuff: The 96 MPH+ fastballs and the two devastating breaking balls.

5 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

He got squeezed by the ump and the extended first inning didn't help. 

True. He could have gone deeper if not for the unlucky first inning. 

I felt like I saw more waste pitches / balls out of the hand than when he was really on his game last year, that's the only reason I say it didn't look peak. Stuff looked good. 

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I mean, he had 5 Ks in 4 2/3 innings and 61% strike rate.  Pretty hard to criticize that.

I don't think anybody is saying that this start is the absolute peak of a Bradish performance, but saying he looked like he did last year because he had the same stuff: The 96 MPH+ fastballs and the two devastating breaking balls.

I’m not criticizing anything. I’m saying he didn’t look as good as last year and the numbers back that up.

Doesnt mean he didn’t look really good or anything like that. But 2023 Bradish looked even better.

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

True. He could have gone deeper if not for the unlucky first inning. 

I felt like I saw more waste pitches / balls out of the hand than when he was really on his game last year, that's the only reason I say it didn't look peak. Stuff looked good. 

Yea, can't argue with that.  No spring training and 3 rehab starts.  I think it is fair to expect him to improve on this start. 

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm not entirely convinced his account isn't just a bot programmed to say "miss bats" as many times as possible.

• Haha 3