Trade Package: Mountcastle or O'Hearn, Norby and Stowers for a SP

wildcard

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Fangraphs have Beavers rated higher than Cowser.   Beavers didn’t hit a lot of home runs this year.  He did show power and almost everything I’ve read says he has plenty.   You say Norby has average speed which precludes him from playing LF in OPACY.   Maybe, he certainly doesn’t have the experience.  Do you know for a fact that Hays is faster than Norby?

Hays and Mullins are here through the 2025 season if the Orioles decide to go that way.   It’s not imperative to have 2 outfielders in addition by OD 2024 although, as I’ve said, I believe Beavers will be ready and there’s an outside chance on Norby being a possibility.

The White Sox, IMO, have no need or want for Mountcastle and the idea of O’Hearn with one year of service time is ridiculous.   You want to trade our 3rd best 2B prospect after Westburg and Ortiz.   Why do the White Sox want our 3rd best prospect at a position when they are trading one, if not their most valuable, trade pieces?

You are the one trying to make a deal with the White Sox.  Not me.

Beavers is a decent prospect but right now he is not on the level of Cowser and Kjerstad.   It will take time to know if he ever will be.  Its nice that you believe in Beavers power but right now he has 11 homers in 631 PA in this minor league career.

You say Mullins and Hays are here through 2025.  Do you think the O's are giving them a Quality Offer?  I don't.

Edited by wildcard

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You are the one trying to make a deal with the White Sox.  Not me.

Beavers is a decent prospect but right now he is not on the level of Cowser and Kjerstad.   It will take time to know if he ever will be.  Its nice that you believe in Beavers power but right now he has 11 homers in 631 PA in this minor league career.

You say Mullins and Hays are here through 2025.  Do you think the O's are giving them a Quality Offer?  I don't.

There are some that think Beavers is right now, as a prospect, on the same level as Cowser.  As I pointed out, Fangraphs had Beavers one slot ahead of Beavers.   I would imagine Keith Law has them pretty close together as well as his mid season to 60 plus 18 honorable mentions did not include Cowser.

I do not think Mullins or Hays will be here past 2025.   I think Beavers has a good chance to be ready OD 2025 or fairly early in the season.   Since no one really believes Cowser or Beavers is a CF, that leaves you needing a CF even if you keep both Cowser and Kjerstad.   The in house options for OD 2026 would appear to be Enrique Bradfield, Jud Fabian, or my new favorite prospect Matthew Etzel.  Maybe Braylin Tavera makes a Basallo like meteoric rise by then.

BTW, Beavers also has 43 doubles and 8 triples.  His power was rated a 60 by Baseball America.  Apparently, you’ll need to see 20+ home runs from Beavers before you’ll concede that he’s likely a 20+ homer hitter.

You didn’t mention the White Sox specifically but you did mention trading for a “good” starting pitcher.  Dylan Cease is a good starting pitcher.  He’s also made 32, 32, and 33 starts the last 3 years so he posts up.

Edited by RZNJ

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure what an early prospect is.  You mean a lower level prospect back from the White Sox?

Yes …. maybe Tanner McDougal or Norge Vera (whose star has fallen due to injuries since signing as Cuba free agent in 2020) 

Tanner McDougal- 23/30 prospect

“Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 40 | Overall: 40 

Few players helped themselves more at the inaugural MLB Draft Combine in 2021 than McDougal, who had an inconsistent senior season as a Nevada high schooler. The son of Mike McDougal, a right-hander who reached Triple-A in the Orioles system, he parlayed two shutout innings and impressive pitch metrics at the Combine into an over-slot $850,000 bonus as a fifth-rounder. After a brief pro debut, he blew out his elbow and had Tommy John surgery in October 2021. 

McDougal had a 90-96 mph fastball with quality induced vertical break and high spin rates before he got hurt, and he ran his four-seamer up to 97 during instructional league last fall. With his projectable 6-foot-5 frame and the track record of pitchers adding velocity after elbow reconstruction, his heater could sit in the mid-90s in the future. He also showed he had regained the feel for his upper-70s curveball and low-80s slider, both of which can exceed 3,000 rpm, though they can blend together. 

McDougal's changeup lags behind his other pitches but can show promising fade at times. He does pitch with effort and will need to smooth out his delivery to provide consistent strikes and reach his ceiling of a mid-rotation starter. The White Sox love his competitiveness and the way he attacked his rehab. “

• Upvote 1