Coaching staff changes

eddie83

Matt Blood has added scouting and draft operations to his title.  This reads like a corporate release elevating high performers and bumping everyone up one level which equals higher compensation.  All of this helps ensure that for at least the 1-2 years this group stays together.   

Edited by Pat Kelly

10 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Matt Blood has added scouting and draft operations to his title.  This reads like a corporate release elevating high performers and bumping everyone up one level which equals higher compensation.  All of this helps ensure that for at least the 1-2 years this group stays together.   

That is my understanding as well.

29 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Per Roch:

“A combination of Blood, [Michael] Weis [promoted to senior data scientist of draft evaluation].and middle management can provide backfill after director of draft operations Brad Ciolek accepted a position with the Nationals as senior director of amateur scouting.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/villa-promoted-to-orioles-director-of-player-development

• 3 weeks later...

Ken Rosenthal has a section in The Athletic this morning about Holt and the Orioles coaching changes. He spoke with Gibson who seems to have confidence in Elias & Co.:

Gibson, though, believes the organization warrants the benefit of the doubt.

“I know just from the things I’ve seen the Orioles do, they plan out everything they do,” he said. “They seem like they are on top of and have their ducks in a row most of the time, if not all of the time. I think that’s what is interesting to me. What do they have planned? For the most part, they haven’t given me any reason to think they don’t have a pretty good thing in mind whenever they make decisions like this.”

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...