FG depth charts 2024 run differential estimate

Just Regular

I believe at this point, Depth Charts is based entirely on Steamer, whereas the final version blends Steamer and ZiPS.

The early Steamer projections for individual Orioles can be found here.  Using wOBA, Steamer has Holliday (.323) just above Westburg (.322), and Cowser and Mayo (both .318) each ahead of Hays and Mullins (both .317).   And Kjerstad above all those at .324.   Adley (.355) tops Gunnar (.349) with Mountcastle (.335) and Santander (.333) next in line.  

For our starting pitchers, Steamer has Grayson with a 3.60 ERA, Bradish 3.86, irvin 4.38, Means 4.41, Kremer 4.47.  They’ve got Povich making 15 starts at 4.27, McDermott 5 starts and 21 relief appearances at 4.43.   Wells in the pen at 4.05.

Edited by Frobby

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Not today no. But they were first in MLB in BP ERA. Rodon, if he can stay healthy (huge if but he has been at times recently) and Cole could easily be one of, if not the best 1-2 starters in the league.

Does Judge play a full season?

And you know they will spend and add major players. Let me put this another way…if the Orioles do not make big changes, I think they are as much of a borderline playoff team as the Yankees will be.

I don’t think this is fair to say it right now though, which if that’s what you are saying/asking, I agree with you there.

So we're better but if we don't make "big changes" we'll be in the same boat?

That doesn't really add up. That seems like one of them facts drawn from a foregone conclusion.

How's Rizzo trending? LeMahieu?  Stanton?

We're way better than them, and they're trending in the opposite direction, and all the money on Earth can't cover that up.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Pickles said:

So we're better but if we don't make "big changes" we'll be in the same boat?

That doesn't really add up. That seems like one of them facts drawn from a foregone conclusion.

How's Rizzo trending? LeMahieu?  Stanton?

We're way better than them, and they're trending in the opposite direction, and all the money on Earth can't cover that up.

No, we are better today but if we don’t do anything and they do some bigger things, they will have a similar chance as us. That’s what I said. 

They have enough talent on that team that if they can stay healthy enough in a few key spots (easier said than done but possible) and add some real pieces, especially offensively, they could be dangerous quickly.

I mean they sucked last year and still won 82 games, while having a ton of injuries.

I believe today we are 3-10 games better than that and I also believe they can make those games up.

Edited by Sports Guy