Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

On the LockedOn Orioles podcast they had a White Sox writer on and worked out a possible Cease deal. The first part was that the White Sox would want a major league arm back, so Dean Kremer was suggested. Then a Tim Anderson replacement in Joey Ortiz. Then, they decided that one more major prospect would be required because Cease has two full years of team control. The Sox need LH power so Kjerstad was thrown in. The Chicago writer said that most White Sox fans would probably not think that is enough but that he liked it.

What do you think? Kremer/Ortiz/Kjerstad for Cease? Yay or nay?

Absolutely not. 

1 minute ago, Orange said:

On the LockedOn Orioles podcast they had a White Sox writer on and worked out a possible Cease deal. The first part was that the White Sox would want a major league arm back, so Dean Kremer was suggested. Then a Tim Anderson replacement in Joey Ortiz. Then, they decided that one more major prospect would be required because Cease has two full years of team control. The Sox need LH power so Kjerstad was thrown in. The Chicago writer said that most White Sox fans would probably not think that is enough but that he liked it.

Not Kjerstad but Cowser.

If I’m giving them Kremer in this deal, I want Kopech back..they can have Mateo too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

I'd much rather keep those guys and sign ERod.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Translation. “We don’t want to publicly say that we are shopping Dylan Cease just in case we don’t make a deal and he’s here on OD.  However, we’d be happy to have you call us and make us an offer.  He definitely can be had.  We just need to make it look like we didn’t initiate the process even though we just did.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Translation. “We don’t want to publicly say that we are shopping Dylan Cease just in case we don’t make a deal and he’s here on OD.  However, we’d be happy to have you call us and make us an offer.  He definitely can be had.  We just need to make it look like we didn’t initiate the process even though we just did.”

I get that, but it also seems a bit silly.  Dylan Cease is an adult, he can read a newspaper and he can probably draw that same conclusion himself.  And if he gets traded, I'm sure he doesn't care who initiated coitus.

8 minutes ago, Orange said:

I think the Orioles wouldn’t include Kremer.  They’d probably counter with Cole Irvin.  Ortiz makes a lot of sense for them. The real sticking point is Kjerstad.  No one here is willing to give him up.  Elias might not either.   

Cowser, Ortiz, and Irvin for Cease.   Most OH posters still say no.  I conducted a poll.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The last minute Mateo throw in made me laugh, as if that's a sweetner lmao 

The WS are looking for a short term SS. He makes sense for them and yes, in this deal where I’m trying to get Kopech too, he is a sweetener.

Cowser, Ortiz, Kremer and Mateo for Cease and Kopech.

That would be my offer and I move Kopech to the pen. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get that, but it also seems a bit silly.  Dylan Cease is an adult, he can read a newspaper and he can probably draw that same conclusion himself.  And if he gets traded, I'm sure he doesn't care who initiated coitus.

Seems silly to me too.  The bottom line is still the same.  He’s available and the White Sox hope they can get multiple teams interested to get the best return possible.   Elias is not going to give up the farm so I won’t be surprised if the Dodgers or another team outbids us.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Seems silly to me too.  The bottom line is still the same.  He’s available and the White Sox hope they can get multiple teams interested to get the best return possible.   Elias is not going to give up the farm so I won’t be surprised if the Dodgers or another team outbids us.

I could see that.  

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The WS are looking for a short term SS. He makes sense for them and yes, in this deal where I’m trying to get Kopech too, he is a sweetener.

Ortiz is a short term and long term SS solution . Their top prospect Colson Montgomery is a SS, so Ortiz also gives them flexibility at 2B.   First you tried to add Luis Robert to every Cease deal.  Now it’s Kopech.   

A few readouts on Cease 2020-2023, starting there as 2020 the first year FG leaderboards appear to have Stuff+ as one other angle.

FG regards 121 "qualified" pitchers for the four-year run, and Cease's innings reliability ala Lyles/Gibson I think increases odds Elias might win a bid for him.

Cease 2020-2023 rates:

6th in Stuff+, 16th in Innings Pitched, 38th in K-BB, 38th in ERA, 38th in FIP, 12th in fWAR and 24th in RA9-WAR

Mileage, he's also 2nd in Pitches Thrown - the 10K club since covid is Gerrit, Cease, Nola, L. Castillo and possible down ballot target Lucas Giolito.

That four-year scan, Michael Kopech's walk rate is the worst.    I think I'd pry for Garrett Crochet as a second or third Arm.

Adjacent, now that he's been bought out, Liam Hendriks if he checks out also might be a 1-year closer possibility for us ala Robertson, Kimbrel, etc.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

A few readouts on Cease 2020-2023, starting there as 2020 the first year FG leaderboards appear to have Stuff+ as one other angle.

FG regards 121 "qualified" pitchers for the four-year run, and Cease's innings reliability ala Lyles/Gibson I think increases odds Elias might win a bid for him.

Cease 2020-2023 rates:

6th in Stuff+, 16th in Innings Pitched, 38th in K-BB, 38th in ERA, 38th in FIP, 12th in fWAR and 24th in RA9-WAR

Mileage, he's also 2nd in Pitches Thrown - the 10K club since covid is Gerrit, Cease, Nola, L. Castillo and possible down ballot target Lucas Giolito.

That four-year scan, Michael Kopech's walk rate is the worst.    I think I'd pry for Garrett Crochet as a second or third Arm.

Adjacent, now that he's been bought out, Liam Hendriks if he checks out also might be a 1-year closer possibility for us ala Robertson, Kimbrel, etc.

Hendricks is out for 2024.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Is Norby not a trade chip for you?