MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

11 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Wow...with the AL East adding Soto and now possibly Ohtani...it's going to be tough to repeat without making some improvements. 

Assuming Ohtani becomes a Jay.  DH only and still recovering from TJ surgery.  It took Harper awhile to get back 100%.  They lost Chapman and Kiermaer.    Ohtani certainly helps but it hardly makes them a lock.  

12 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Wow...with the AL East adding Soto and now possibly Ohtani...it's going to be tough to repeat without making some improvements. 

Nah..everything is perfect. Didn’t you know that?  We won’t 100 games last year, so obviously we will do it again!

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Assuming Ohtani becomes a Jay.  DH only and still recovering from TJ surgery.  It took Harper awhile to get back 100%.  They lost Chapman and Kiermaer.    Ohtani certainly helps but it hardly makes them a lock.  

Of course they aren't a lock, the Yankees added Soto and are in big on Yamamoto!

I refuse to believe that Ohtani actually chooses the Jays. It's one of the hardest paths to postseason in the sport. Just hop across the aisle from Anaheim to LA, and you're instantly in the playoffs, like there's a near-100% chance. Seems like a no brainer decision to me, but I guess we'll see. 

Edited by interloper