MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Excellent, that means the pricetag for short term FA bats like Turner, JDM, and Pham just went up, which in turn should mean that the trade value of Santander, Mountcastle, and Hays (and maybe even O'Hearn) just went up as well.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get that, but overspending for a guy that put up 2.1 bWAR last year doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if you are the Dodgers.  

With the amount of money the Dodger$ spend, sense never even enters the equation.

They've taken spending to a whole new level.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get that, but overspending for a guy that put up 2.1 bWAR last year doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if you are the Dodgers.  

I dont get it  either Good player but 23 million come on man. Almost wants you to root against the Dodgers

8 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I wonder how many games the Dodgers will win in 2024?  I guess 125?

They are clearly trying to buy it. I can think of a lot of examples where that has been a disaster. I hope it is in this case as well. What  I’m not happy about is the game playing with the numbers to allow them to spend more without the luxury tax implications. Othani is the biggest example. His number toward the cap is 40 or 50 million when he’s being paid $70 million per. I don’t care how they cut the pay or even if 99% is deferred. It’s still $700million to play baseball for 10 years. I would have no beef if it was graduated like 60,60, 60, 60, 70, 70, 70, 80, 80, 80, 80. But, the money he’s earning for the playing period should count during his service period. I’m guessing they have pushed against the tax money out years after he’s gone. 

Edited by Roll Tide