Roch wants us to lower expectations

Sports Guy

The thing that surprises me most, is that SG even reads Roch. 😀 With all that is swirling around this team right now, I'm not expecting much more of anything except perhaps a trade. Man, I really like Elias but do not envy him right now one bit. His job has got to be like being in charge of the tick and flea dip at Lion Safari Country.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course. It would be a very poor move but that’s exactly why we should expect it 

Well, we are not going to get “the guy.”  We have to hope that Bradish and/or Rodriguez become “the guy.”   And there’s a reasonable chance one or both of them will be.   

Some of the good posters of the OH seem to be under the impression that GM comments are only accessible by Orioles fans and really want Elias to say something like, “I REALLY REALLY want to make a deal for Burnes / Cease.” Part of negotiating is making it clear that you can reasonably walk away from the table. Maybe we get a “top half” starter, maybe we don’t. But there’s no value in Elias making public statements that it’s TOR or bust. Quite the opposite actually. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I think most people already had lower expectations. Whether you want to blame Angelos or Elias, I think this could quickly become a wasted opportunity.

They made it clear when they did nothing at the trade deadline that their plan is to waste opportunities and hope they catch lightning in a bottle and luck their way into the world series 

Edited by Orioles0615

18 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

The thing that surprises me most, is that SG even reads Roch. 😀 With all that is swirling around this team right now, I'm not expecting much more of anything except perhaps a trade. Man, I really like Elias but do not envy him right now one bit. His job has got to be like being in charge of the tick and flea dip at Lion Safari Country.

I don’t have the issue that so many people do with Roch. Of course, I have also had multiple one on one conversations with him and have better idea of how he goes about his job than others do.

• Haha 2

I have said from the beginning of the offseason that Wells is going to be hard to beat as a 5th starter.

Elias needs to find another cheap starter with options in trade for some combination of Ortiz, Norby and/or Stowers to cover the rest of the starts.   An I think he will.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, we are not going to get “the guy.”  We have to hope that Bradish and/or Rodriguez become “the guy.”   And there’s a reasonable chance one or both of them will be.   

lol.  Yes I’m aware that you are fine with adding very little.  Not all of us are.

There is no reason for this team to not add a 2/3 level starter.  Any excuse given is basically doing what you all accuse Roch of doing all the time.