If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?

Gofannon

If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?

• Extend a young position player or two (Adley, Gunnar, Holliday)
    • Trade prospects, adding Dylan Cease/a different starting pitcher
    • Sign either Snell or Montgomery for the rotation
    • Give a significant extension to Burnes
    • Extend Mike Elias
    • Other (please specify)

I kinda figured adding a starter would also shore up the bullpen but I guess I never factored in the chance Hall would be part of the trade package.  I think the Burnes acquisition says we are all in this season but our current bullpen now looks a little light. I would like to add to the BP but I don’t like the idea of trading any of our big trade assets because I want to have them available mid season to make necessary moves if we have an injury or need additional help somewhere. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I would like to know what @Keygansmeant when he said they're not done. 😁

Elias had a bunch of lines in the water .   Just because he caught a rockfish doesn’t mean the trout (not Mike :) ) or the snapper doesn’t also get reeled in.    

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Keygans said:

Elias had a bunch of lines in the water .   Just because he caught a rockfish doesn’t mean the trout (not Mike :) ) or the snapper doesn’t also get reeled in.    

Wow, that sounds intriguing. Can't wait to find out how this plays out.

What a great finish to the offseason we are getting! 

7 minutes ago, Keygans said:

Must be through trade. Only Brasier seems worth it on the relief FA market. 

I think they’re putting a lot of trust in the back end of the bullpen. There’s no telling what we’ll get with Cano or Tate. Kimbrel very easily could start to regress, he is not very young anymore. 

I’m not saying that there’s an absolute need to get some backend bullpen depth, but it really wouldn’t hurt.

18 hours ago, RZNJ said:

As much as I’d like to see Henderson extended, the easily most important thing this franchise needs is to keep Mike Elias around.  That choice, IMO, was a no brainer.

I’d probably agree if I had any idea what Elias’ contract terms were.  It may not be a priority at all if he’s already under contract for a long time.  

16 hours ago, DocJJ said:

Add Snell!!!!  

Rotation:

Snell

Burnes

Bradish

Rodriguez

Means

I smell a World Champion!

I just don’t see any chance they sign Snell. I’m betting they add a leverage reliever.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d probably agree if I had any idea what Elias’ contract terms were.  It may not be a priority at all if he’s already under contract for a long time.  

I don’t think Elias is going anywhere. Seeing the clip on 13 made me wonder how much John had been meddling during the trade deadline. Elias basically said he and Angelos have been working side by side on the Burnes deal for months.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Can we somehow pry Munoz away from Seattle?  That would be the dream acquisition. 

I think the ship probably sailed on the tiny chance of that even happening when they traded Sewald. Brash would be great too (but probably just as unlikely). He's basically their version of DL Hall. 

When I look at RP depth charts I keep going back to the Guardians. They have so much RP depth it's almost to the point where I'm questioning why a seemingly cash strapped team would resign Barlow. Unless it was with the intention of eventually trading someone else. I know he's a bit of an odd duck, but Mateo for Karinchak is probably a small move that might make a sense for both teams. Mateo would take some pressure off their rookie SS (Rocchio) and give them some insurance in case he struggles. Or if we wanted to go bigger we could try for Stephan, but that would probably take a prospect. 

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think the ship probably sailed on the tiny chance of that even happening when they traded Sewald. Brash would be great too (but probably just as unlikely). He's basically their version of DL Hall. 

When I look at RP depth charts I keep going back to the Guardians. They have so much RP depth it's almost to the point where I'm questioning why a seemingly cash strapped team would resign Barlow. Unless it was with the intention of eventually trading someone else. I know he's a bit of an odd duck, but Mateo for Karinchak is probably a small move that might make a sense for both teams. Mateo would take some pressure off their rookie SS (Rocchio) and give them some insurance in case he struggles. Or if we wanted to go bigger we could try for Stephan, but that would probably take a prospect. 

Yea I tend to think Munoz is close to untouchable for a team looking to contend. His statcast numbers are unbelievable.  What a stud pitcher no one talks about.

They have Speier too who has some impressive numbers.

Cleveland is definitely a team to look at..as is Miami. I had forgotten that Miami is putting Puk into their rotation. They definitely have some expandable pitchers and even if it’s just to work on things out of the pen for now, give me ECab. 

I also still think Kopech should be on the radar for a reliever role.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I tend to think Munoz is close to untouchable for a team looking to contend. His statcast numbers are unbelievable.  What a stud pitcher no one talks about.

They have Speier too who has some impressive numbers.

Cleveland is definitely a team to look at..as is Miami. I had forgotten that Miami is putting Puk into their rotation. They definitely have some expandable pitchers and even if it’s just to work on things out of the pen for now, give me ECab. 

I also still think Kopech should be on the radar for a reliever role.

Oh lord, I don't think my heart could take watching E-Cab work consistently in high leverage situations with all those walk.

Kopech's intriguing, but I kind of don't want to deal with the White Sox anymore (and help them). I'd rather watch them stew in a pot of multi-year suckage. 

Ryan Brasier from Baseball Savant.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/ryan-brasier-518489?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

He’s the guy to get. Evan Phillips even credits him with helping him develop as a closer. 

Brasier also had like a .440 OPS vs RHH.  That’s using his entire 2023 season.  He didn’t even have a wall.  You bring him in before Kimbrel and force the other team to start pinch hitting in the 7th/8th innings.  Theroretically, that makes Kimbrel’s job easier.

IMG_4930.jpeg

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1