If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?

Gofannon

If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. If there's one more big move to be made this offseason, what do you want it to be?

• Extend a young position player or two (Adley, Gunnar, Holliday)
    • Trade prospects, adding Dylan Cease/a different starting pitcher
    • Sign either Snell or Montgomery for the rotation
    • Give a significant extension to Burnes
    • Extend Mike Elias
    • Other (please specify)

12 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Sign JD Martinez, flip Santa for Tanner Scott. 

That dog hunts. 

If his price drops, I’d be all over this.     Would probably take more to get Tanner but again,  we have the tools.   Scott checks the boxes to replace DL and is an upgrade …and is an old friend 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I tend to think Munoz is close to untouchable for a team looking to contend. His statcast numbers are unbelievable.  What a stud pitcher no one talks about.

They have Speier too who has some impressive numbers.

Cleveland is definitely a team to look at..as is Miami. I had forgotten that Miami is putting Puk into their rotation. They definitely have some expandable pitchers and even if it’s just to work on things out of the pen for now, give me ECab. 

I also still think Kopech should be on the radar for a reliever role.

Yeah I love ECab out of the pen, potential Backup starter, Sign me up for Max Meyer as well.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This guy hosts a a Marlins podcast. I’m not sure how “connected” he is but…

Can Jordan Westburg be a shortstop?     The 2023 Marlins featured Joey Wendle there, and OAA had him as one of the worst.

I think in the year of Sandy Alcantara's absence and with Eury Perez still growing, Peter Bendix is going to do the Trey Mancini-Jorge Lopez stuff this year.    I bet it gets past Tanner Scott to Luis Arraez too.     Luzardo has enough years maybe he stays as the SP3 behind Eury-Sandy in 2025-26.

It'd be nice for Jorge Mateo to get the same Milwaukee Joey Ortiz opportunity.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Can Jordan Westburg be a shortstop?     The 2023 Marlins featured Joey Wendle there, and OAA had him as one of the worst.

I think in the year of Sandy Alcantara's absence and with Eury Perez still growing, Peter Bendix is going to do the Trey Mancini-Jorge Lopez stuff this year.    I bet it gets past Tanner Scott to Luis Arraez too.     Luzardo has enough years maybe he stays as the SP3 behind Eury-Sandy in 2025-26.

It'd be nice for Jorge Mateo to get the same Milwaukee Joey Ortiz opportunity.

I wonder about Elias’ appetite to trade Westburg.  But I can see the MIA angle.  

Does Elias have a cheap suit to dress the used car salesman shtick when discussing Mateo/Urias?  MIA knows they aren’t getting a Mercedes, but there’s some type of value in a 2010 Hyundai as long as there’s prospect capital in the bank too.

2 hours ago, Keygans said:

If his price drops, I’d be all over this.     Would probably take more to get Tanner but again,  we have the tools.   Scott checks the boxes to replace DL and is an upgrade …and is an old friend 

Do people realize that Scott’s walk rate was under 3 last year?  I didn’t realize that until the other day.  If he keeps that up, he will continue to dominate.

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Mateo AND Urias are still available 

Mateo is probably an upgrade over their current situation but I doubt you get what you need for him.  However, add in Mountcastle or Santander and maybe there is a foundation to get ECab or Meyer. Some win now options for them. 

Also deals out there with them where they could get one of the young OFers. Definitely should be some way to get something done with the Marlins.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Do people realize that Scott’s walk rate was under 3 last year?  I didn’t realize that until the other day.  If he keeps that up, he will continue to dominate.

I don’t think people realize how good he was last year.   Even the year before he was better than he was here.   High K rate and Lower BB rate.   Everyone remembers what he was here.   It is going to take a good prospect to pry him.  Would you move Urias or Mateo and McDermott for him?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mateo is probably an upgrade over their current situation but I doubt you get what you need for him.  However, add in Mountcastle or Santander and maybe there is a foundation to get ECab or Meyer. Some win now options for them. 

Also deals out there with them where they could get one of the young OFers. Definitely should be some way to get something done with the Marlins.

I could see Mountcastle being a player they like.   I’d prefer E cab and I’d guess Elias would too.  Move him to the pen… a LIVE arm,  tons of strikeouts 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Keygans said:

I don’t think people realize how good he was last year.   Even the year before he was better than he was here.   High K rate and Lower BB rate.   Everyone remembers what he was here.   It is going to take a good prospect to pry him.  Would you move Urias or Mateo and McDermott for him?  

No.  We need McDermott on hand to be a SP option in 2025 when Burnes and Means are both gone.  And, he could even be of help in the second half of this season, either as a starter or a reliever.  

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Would JD Martinez sign up for the Wall?

I don't feel we have any use for even a JD Martinez approximate value Bat with the 2024 Ace now settled and Kjerstad/Cowser both still here.

Its a pretty short list of position players I think have clear paths to help us the next few years - Luis Arraez, Manny Machado, Jose Ramirez and Juan Soto are some of them.    Arraez is maybe unique as an Altuve-type puzzle piece that could shift Gunnar-Holliday off the middle infield.

We'll see what actions occur, but I think SS Gunnar, 2B Holliday is where we'll settle.

Putting finishing touches on the 2024 roster, I do think from here the big Marlins trade is for Luis Arraez and not one of their pitchers.    Peter Bendix is just a couple months into his GM tenure, and Kim Ng had that roster in the playoffs last year so his public comments have to honor that but I think I know how a Raysian GM plays this scenario out.     They'll have a dazzling run prevention output when Alcantara is healed and Eury is all grown up, and its probably valuing Future Wins above Present Wins this year.

The super-sized question is what are we giving for Luis Arraez and Tanner Scott, or even a Cabrera or Mayer on top of that.     Mayo and Westburg?