Anthony Rendon Contract

FlaO'sFan

I had forgotten about the Rendon contract (7 yrs, 245 mill, 35 mill per, 2020-26) until I happened to see this on ESPN.com while quickly looking for any O's news. In his first four seasons of the contract he hasn't played in more than 58 games in any season.

Ouch. What a horrible contract for the Halos.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39558347/anthony-rendon-baseball-never-top-priority-me

Edited by FlaO'sFan

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 7:27 PM, FlaO'sFan said:

I had forgotten about the Rendon contract (7 yrs, 245 mill, 35 mill per, 2020-26) until I happened to see this on ESPN.com while quickly looking for any O's news. In his first four seasons of the contract he hasn't played in more than 58 games in any season.

Ouch. What a horrible contract for the Halos.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39558347/anthony-rendon-baseball-never-top-priority-me

He is also not a nice person. I had a bad experience with him when I was the director of the Nats summer youth camps. I won't go into details but, let's just say he is not fan friendly even to a bunch of kids that he is getting paid to be nice to. I think he is the kind of guy to sit back and collect his $$$

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Aron Estrada starting to come around.  5 for 12, 2 walks, 1 strikeout over his last 4 games.   
    • The kid looks like a younger version of Jac Caglianone. Most mocks have him as a two-way player. He has the athleticism to pull it off. My son is headed down to Bradenton in August to start a post grad year. The folks at IMG think Franco will honor his college commitment but the 22nd spot bonus might change his mind. Would the O's be willing to develop a two-way player? Might have to completely re-program the Sigbot...
    • Yeah - he is fun to watch when he healthy and happy. Despite the myriad of arm issues, he remains one of my favorite players on the team. I got to see him bat and pitch in a game here in Colorado, (May, 2019) and the intensity he showed in that game — a bit of throwback attitude — at the time on a bare bones roster. O’s lost, 8-6, but he left the game with a 5-3 lead at Coors Field (Armstrong with the blown save, Givens with the loss), but I loved the way he battled and the enthusiasm he had on that not so good team offered a bit of hope.
    • Want to win every game but today would be truly icing on the cake. It would be great to have Mullins and Santander to break out.
    • Besides not walking many guys, I agree, Kremer has been getting pretty "lucky" so far this year. He's a bit of a gamer though and he's typically outperformed his expected stats.  Either way, I agree, he's needs to keep pitching well or could have some risk to being options for no other reason than to lose a pitcher.
    • Fernando Cruz is striking out 46% of batters so far this season. The Reds are off tomorrow, and we've kept Alexis Diaz on the sidelines by holding late innings leads. Cincinnati can probably look for the whole game from Lodolo, Cruz and Diaz as they try to avoid the sweep.  
    • I do think we're going to see Suarez gradually get more high leverage situations. He hasn't pitched in a bit now so I imagine we see him this afternoon. Let's hope not before the 6th inning.
  • Popular Contributors