Ohtani's Interpreter Accused of Theft, Fired.

Can_of_corn

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Can I say anything at all without your drama queen routine?

You have a history of trying to engage in hostile communications with me over the silliest of reasons.

This would be an example of that.

How is being Ohtani's employee the same as the well documented relationship between Ippei and Ohtani?

It isn't.  And yet you used it as an excuse to try and engage with me.

Seriously, find anther hobby.  I hear Legos are cool again.

So, this BFF has the ability to wire unlimited funds from Ohtani's bank account to anyone?   Anything is possible.  One possibility is that Ohtani was helping a "friend" out with a 4.5M "loan".  That's some friend!   The other possibility is that the interpreter was the middle man for Ohtani's gambling.    There are others but those are my two favorites.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think MLB is more interested in covering this up and getting this story out of the news cycle. The problem will be is if independent journalists get access to information linking Ohtani to gambling on baseball then MLB's hand is going to be forced.

If no new information on this leaks MLB is going to look the other way and say "no comment" when pressed on any investigation into Ohtani.

I would think that but...

Steriods

Sign Stealing

Spider Tack

MLB doesn't have a good track record in covering things up.  Heck they even got caught serving up Judge Hot Balls.

I'm quite sure the NBA/NFL/NHL had as big a steroid problem as MLB but did they have any real fallout?

Just now, RZNJ said:

So, this BFF has the ability to wire unlimited funds from Ohtani's bank account to anyone?   Anything is possible.  One possibility is that Ohtani was helping a "friend" out with a 4.5M "loan".  That's some friend!   The other possibility is that the interpreter was the middle man for Ohtani's gambling.    There are others but those are my two favorites.

Is anyone here saying they think that is what happened?

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think MLB is more interested in covering this up and getting this story out of the news cycle. The problem will be is if independent journalists get access to information linking Ohtani to gambling on baseball then MLB's hand is going to be forced.

If no new information on this leaks MLB is going to look the other way and say "no comment" when pressed on any investigation into Ohtani.

I think the extent to which MLB can cover this up depends on what the Feds and the State of California find actually happened. MLB can choose a very light punishment, but they can only do so much narrative-wise. The receipts are out there and the Feds are investigating. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You have a history of trying to engage in hostile communications with me over the silliest of reasons.

This would be an example of that.

How is being Ohtani's employee the same as the well documented relationship between Ippei and Ohtani?

It isn't.  And yet you used it as an excuse to try and engage with me.

Seriously, find anther hobby.  I hear Legos are cool again.

Did I try to engage with you?  That's funny because I responded to another poster and you had to put your two cents in.   Then, when I respond to you, in a non aggressive manner, you get all bent out of shape.   Man up! 

Just now, interloper said:

I think the extent to which MLB can cover this up depends on what the Feds and the State of California find actually happened. MLB can choose a very light punishment, but they can only do so much narrative-wise. The receipts are out there and the Feds are investigating. 

I saw the last reply you posted and it's going to be harder to hide this being a federal investigation. All it takes is one grandstanding politician to make this a problem that won't go away.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Did I try to engage with you?  That's funny because I responded to another poster and you had to put your two cents in.   Then, when I respond to you, in a non aggressive manner, you get all bent out of shape.   Man up! 

Hey, we got to the personal insult portion earlier than normal!

OK, time for me to start ignoring you again.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Hey, we got to the personal insult portion earlier than normal!

OK, time for me to start ignoring you again.

Hallelujah.   You and SportsGuy.   Two guys who can dish it out but can't take it.    I'll wear those two ignores like a badge of honor.    

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe since this concerns sports gambling MLB will ringfence this fast to protect their cash cow, but David Stern was a much more competent league commissioner than Rob Manfred.

Stern was great.  I used to think he was a guy that rode Larry, Magic and Michael's coattails for decades but he really handled this well.  Could have been the downfall of the NBA.  Hardly anyone remembers this anymore.