2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

At least he’s hitting. Can’t understand why Santander, a FA to be, needs to play every day when he’s struggling and has an OBP well below .300. 

Never thought last year's OF, Hays, Mullins and Santander would be such a weakness this year.  I thought at least Santander would still be one of the O's better hitters, a .750 OPS at least. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Stowers and Urias in, Mullins Hays and Mateo out. Great lineup.

Mateo 247/ 297/ 462/ 759

Urias 186/ 226/ 271/ 497

Base running... Mateo is one of the fastest in MLB. Urias is slower than cold tar.

They are both very good fielders. 

What am I missing?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Stowers and Urias in, Mullins Hays and Mateo out. Great lineup.

While I'm happy with most of the changes, I can never call a lineup with Urias and his .497 OPS as 'great'.  

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

Mateo 247/ 297/ 462/ 759

Urias 186/ 226/ 271/ 497

Base running... Mateo is one of the fastest in MLB. Urias is slower than cold tar.

They are both very good fielders. 

What am I missing?

You are missing that Hyde doesn’t want any of his 13 position players to get too rusty.  This is Urias’ 6th start in the month of May.   He needs to play once in a while.  

I've been happy with Mateo's performance playing every day.  But Frobby is right. You can't let a player get too rusty and that might already have happened with how little Urias has played. He's got to play sometime, so why not against the White Sox?

Seeing Stowers in the lineup makes me excited. I think he deserves more opportunities like this. I want to see him play.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You are missing that Hyde doesn’t want any of his 13 position players to get too rusty.  This is Urias’ 6th start in the month of May.   He needs to play once in a while.  

Why?  He didn't exactly with Kjerstad.  Based on how Urias has played, I don't think it's possible for him to get too rusty.  I know he's going to get playing time if he's on a roster as he's a vet and someone Hyde likes and respects.  But if Urias was a rookie he'd ride the pine or get sent back to AAA based on his performance to this point.  

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Westburg has a .707 OPS in his last 30 days. .536 the past 7 days. We have a lot of guys coming back to earth.

Need a couple guys to get hot at the same time.  It just seems been waiting for solo HR a lot and occasional double followed by single.  This team can't string hits together.