2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I'm not sure that I understand the grouping of Santander with Hays. One is good, probably an All-star this season, and tied for 4th in MLB in home runs. The other....... well he had a .383 slugging and a sub .700 OPS. 

IMO if you give Kjerstad and Cowser the same number of ABs, I highly doubt that either would be tied for 4th in the Majors in home runs.

Even with just Santander it is hard to play Kjerstad and Cowser together. Then adding Hays makes it even more difficult. Coming into the year, Hays was coming off perhaps his best season while playing solid defense. Any other team he would be getting a longer leash. 

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

This is probably the weakest lineup that we can field. I guess we are trying to take it easy on Scherzer tonight? lol

I have no idea why Kjerstad wouldn't be playing again after yesterday.

Santander just had the day off, Mullins has been great lately and they rightfully don't want Silent J playing LF in Camden

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

This is probably the weakest lineup that we can field. I guess we are trying to take it easy on Scherzer tonight? lol

We could put Hays in for Santander.  

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

No Adley or Kjerstad against a RHP who has a .575 career splits vs RHB. Did Sigbot get hacked this morning?

Just now, Aristotelian said:

No Adley or Kjerstad against a RHP who has a .575 career splits vs RHB. Did Sigbot get hacked this morning?

Adley's bruised hand from the foul ball last night are probably factoring him into getting the game off. I would have liked to seen Kjerstad in the lineup though. Maybe you give Mountcastle a night off and play O'Hearn at 1B with Kjerstad at DH.

You can always play Mouncastle later if a southpaw enters the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Adley's bruised hand from the foul ball last night are probably factoring him into getting the game off. I would have liked to seen Kjerstad in the lineup though. Maybe you give Mountcastle a night off and play O'Hearn at 1B with Kjerstad at DH.

You can always play Mouncastle later if a southpaw enters the game.

Ah, I missed Adley get banged up. That makes sense then.

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ah, I missed Adley get banged up. That makes sense then.

I was thinking Adley might play becuase he hit a home run after taking the foul ball off his hand. It must have swelled up or gotten more bruised after the game last night. At least there is no talk of the IL so I have to think he's back in a day or two.

Otherwise the Paternity List replacement for Burnes would have been a third catcher.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1