An idea for the replacement for The Sun sign on OPACY scoreboard

NashLumber

• NashLumber changed the title to An idea for the replacement for The Sun sign on OPACY scoreboard
45 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

The Orioles need a new scoreboard.  It’s one of the worst in the league.

It's the worst in professional sports. When they renovate I like to see the new board in the LF Upper Deck. Removing the board from the current location will open up the city and warehouse views. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

It's the worst in professional sports. When they renovate I like to see the new board in the LF Upper Deck. Removing the board from the current location will open up the city and warehouse views. 

I also drew up a redesign several years ago so Camden Station could be seen. Also, I extended the rooftop bar. In my dreams, I'd love the Hilton taken down to expose the Bromo Tower again, but barring that, here's what I drew.

I added a RF scoreboard, too. 

OojQw0R.png

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

That's pretty cool.  You should see if they need a graphic or UX designer in some capacity.

Thanks! I'm just an amateur with just average Photoshop and Photoscape skills. I have fun with it, but I'd never qualify against today's whippersnappers. If I were a younger man and lived in MD, I may apply just for kicks (and possible free O's tix). 

I did however tag David Rubenstein, MASN, Roch, Melewski, and The Orioles on a Twitter / X post today, though about the idea. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Seriously, right click on picture and select "copy image", then paste it in your reply.

That works. It has to be a photo file. Sometimes the webpage will give a link like .html or something that does not end with .jpg .jpeg, or whatever. Trial an error is how I learned that. 

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

Seriously, right click on picture and select "copy image", then paste it in your reply.

Copy/paste doesn't work for me. Maybe limited to Plus Members.  "You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL." 

On 3/31/2024 at 4:12 PM, NashLumber said:

I also drew up a redesign several years ago so Camden Station could be seen. Also, I extended the rooftop bar. In my dreams, I'd love the Hilton taken down to expose the Bromo Tower again, but barring that, here's what I drew.

I added a RF scoreboard, too. 

OojQw0R.png

This is an incredible idea.  I love the layout and the extension of the rooftop bar.  It really gives an even more intimate feel to Camden.  I am so glad that we have a new smart ownership group that will oversee this renovation and these type of decisions.

Edited by The Goob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Goob said:

This is an incredible idea.  I love the layout and the extension of the rooftop bar.  It really gives an even more intimate feel to Camden.  I am so glad that we have a new smart ownership group that will oversee this renovation and these type of decisions.

Thanks. All that was assuming the Hilton stays, so hey, just move the scoreboard to block it! I do love extending the rooftop bar, so that essentially you get more Camden Station and the Warehouse in view. The scoreboard in RF was for the people who can't get a good view of the LF scoreboard. 

Good ideas all around. 

If they keep it where it is, I hope they go with what CO did and make the entire area the scoreboard... 
What they had is essentially what we have now:
image.thumb.png.61323bc3fe0c3afa0ce3fee1941278cd.png

But what they replaced it with is so cool and what we need too.

image.thumb.png.6ae29d188908ca7054be4e922fd18c6a.png

image.thumb.png.bab0d1690ea1eba5a20fc6c3127854d7.png

Keep the clock at the top, but make the silhouette underneath to fill the existing space and incorporate something Baltimore-centric (or not). 

I think the proportions of Camden Yards are so pleasing, I wouldn't wall a massive wall to suddenly throw everything off, so updating the existing one to now use every inch of existing real estate with a screen seems like the best modernization that balances aesthetic with function. 

Edited by AdamK