Orioles attendance 2024

1 minute ago, bpilktree67 said:

I wonder how much the game being Sunday night might hurt crowd tonight.  It looks very empty out there probably will schools starting.  

I’m sure it did. I was trying to remember how long ago they moved it. 

8 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I wonder how much the game being Sunday night might hurt crowd tonight.  It looks very empty out there probably will schools starting.  

First day of school for lots tomorrow too. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I’m sure it did. I was trying to remember how long ago they moved it. 

A few weeks ago.  I’m sure there are people who bought tickets since it was the last day before school, who changed their plans when it was switched to a night game.  Kinda sucks for them.  I’d say there are 18-20 K here.  Will be interesting to hear if paid attendance is higher.  

51 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Attendance showing 21,654.

Sounds close.  118,756 for the series.  They are about 2,000 short of last year’s attendance, with 12 home dates remaining.  

Edited by Frobby

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sounds close.  118,756 for the series.  They are about 2,000 short of last year’s attendance, with 12 home dates remaining.  

Just wondering, I know a long time ago I learned that the term “paid attendance” means tickets sold not turnstile count.   
How are these $65 monthly passes calculated?   If one buys the pass for September is that counted as 12 “paid attendance”?  (+1 for each home date)

• 2 weeks later...

Through 70 home dates, Orioles attendance is now at 1,970,644, which is higher than last year's season total and 372,837 ahead of last year's 70 home date total, a 23.3% increase.   Last year, the team averaged a little over 30,000 per game over the final 11 home dates, but I doubt they will match that figure this year, as the remaining schedule simply isn't as attractive as last year's, which included a crucial 4-game Thurs. - Sun. showdown with Tampa and also a season-ending 4 game Thurs. - Sun. series with the Red Sox, during which the O's clinched the division title.   This year features four non-contenders, the White Sox, Rays, Giants and Tigers, and the final week of the season (which will likely decide the division title) is on the road.   So, I'm thinking the O's will fall far short of 2.3 mm, but probably exceed 2.2 mm with some room to spare.  That would exceed their attendance for the 2016 wild card team, but be short of their attendance during 2013-15.   

Today and tomorrow's game are probably going to have pretty brutal attendances. 20,000 for each with season ticket holders, but less than that actually in attendance.

I do think this weekend's Rays series will average over 30,000. Probably more like 35,000. Even with Sunday's early game. Cal a guest splasher on Friday has everyone buying the outfield lower bowl seats and Saturday has a strong promotion.

Edited by dzorange

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Through 70 home dates, Orioles attendance is now at 1,970,644, which is higher than last year's season total and 372,837 ahead of last year's 70 home date total, a 23.3% increase.   Last year, the team averaged a little over 30,000 per game over the final 11 home dates, but I doubt they will match that figure this year, as the remaining schedule simply isn't as attractive as last year's, which included a crucial 4-game Thurs. - Sun. showdown with Tampa and also a season-ending 4 game Thurs. - Sun. series with the Red Sox, during which the O's clinched the division title.   This year features four non-contenders, the White Sox, Rays, Giants and Tigers, and the final week of the season (which will likely decide the division title) is on the road.   So, I'm thinking the O's will fall far short of 2.3 mm, but probably exceed 2.2 mm with some room to spare.  That would exceed their attendance for the 2016 wild card team, but be short of their attendance during 2013-15.   

ESPN is putting it at 69 games at 1,970,644. That double header for the Blue Jays seemingly counted as one game and not two. Not that this really matters. But just worth noting that there are some outside factors involved. Of course the schedule, as you pointed out, is a factor in itself. From 2013-2015, the Orioles also played 12 more home divisional games per year. In general, I don't know if that hurts attendance as you get more fresh matchups and play a wider variety of markets, but for the Orioles you are losing out on spiked attendances from the Red Sox and Yankees for about 6 games during the season. Conversely, they're losing possibly lower attendances from the Tampa and Toronto markets, but Jays fans travel well and both teams tend to put out quality teams.

Edited by dzorange

8 minutes ago, dzorange said:

ESPN is putting it at 69 games at 1,970,644. That double header for the Blue Jays seemingly counted as one game and not two. Not that this really matters. But just worth noting that there are some outside factors involved.

If you scroll back a few pages, you’ll see that I mentioned that the Toronto single admission doubleheader probably cost them 20,000 in attendance or so.   Nothing you can do about it though.   

15 minutes ago, dzorange said:

15,000 last night, yikes

I see that they’re doing a bark in the park in a couple of weeks. Have the O’s done this before?

I guess people don’t enjoy watching cattle led to slaughter.  

Yes, the O’s have done bark in the park a few times.  I wish my dog was well-behaved enough to do that.  

On 9/3/2024 at 10:21 AM, Frobby said:

23 % jump from last season to this season is a positive sign .  I hope Ruby opens his wallet this off season to keep our free agents and add new ones  . Then let’s see if we can improve on next season’s attendance .  Glad you mentioned the SF Giants , I want take my girls to see Orioles play against them