Orioles attendance 2024

So after the sellout on Opening Day ,the Orioles drew 28,000 and 20,000.In  2023 the Orioles drew  30,000 and 29,000 after Opening Day. That was also against the Yankees and not  Easterweekend. So we shall see how much of a bump they get this year. I know the Yankee series later on a weekend, the lower deck is almost all sold out for all three games.

• Thanks 1

I wonder how much the opening attendance would have been if Ohtani was still on the Angels.

Thinking in the near-term, if the forecast holds up for the Royals series, there's going to be a lot of no-shows with the rain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Arizona had about 22,000. Oalkand had a little over 4,000 but getting Nevin  should boost attendance significantly  

Oakland will probably move to a AAA stadium next year, but that will still be an attendance bump.  I know people in Baltimore hated Angelos, but it seems Oakland/fans went about it the wrong way.  I don't see them getting a major league team in any sport any time soon.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Arizona had about 22,000. Oalkand had a little over 4,000 but getting Nevin  should boost attendance significantly  

Poor Nevin. He'd be playing in front of bigger crowds in Norfolk than Oakland. But I guess it does give him big league time towards MLB "retirement".

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Poor Nevin. He'd be playing in front of bigger crowds in Norfolk than Oakland. But I guess it does give him big league time towards MLB "retirement".

I think I'd rather be playing in the majors in an empty stadium than a packed house in AAA.

How is the Tides attendance?

We'd go to games every now and then when I lived there but there was never an issue getting tickets.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think I'd rather be playing in the majors in an empty stadium than a packed house in AAA.

We'd go to games every now and then when I lived there but there was never an issue getting tickets.

Tides had about 10,000 Opening  Day. About 7,000 yesterday  and about 5,000 today.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

10k Friday, 7k+ Saturday. 5k+ today. Harbor Park holds about 12.  They weren’t close to sold out last year for the three championship games. 

Edited by Big Al
Correction

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He played in front of bigger crowds in Sarasota than he will be in Oakland didn't he?

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You forgot to put the laughing emoji.  Some people need it.  😄

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

10k Friday, 7k+ Saturday. 5k+ today. Harbor Park holds about 12.  They weren’t close to sold out last year for the three championship games. 

I was there today.  Didn’t seem like it was anywhere close to half full.  Maybe some people bought tickets and forgot it was Easter.