If you could have your own walk up song...

Jagwar

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I spent way too much time considering options.

I was really tempted to go with something new, from an up and coming band that could use the (limited) exposure.

But I decided to go with this.

Not another Pixies tune -- "Here comes Your Man"?

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Not another Pixies tune -- "Here comes Your Man"?

The other options were Broken Face or Tony's Theme.

If my name was Tony....

I love Black Francis, I mean Frank Black, I mean Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV, but come on, Kim is the bomb.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The other options were Broken Face or Tony's Theme.

If my name was Tony....

I love Black Francis, I mean Frank Black, I mean Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV, but come on, Kim is the bomb.

The Pixies still rock.  I saw them a few years before Covid hit.

Normally I would pick a song with a determined bad MF kind of vibe and probably some heavy guitar. But then I got to thinking about hitting in baseball and all the emotions and sports psychology that goes into that moment. Not only does it take that confidence, but you've also got to feel loose, and you've got feel relaxed. Sometimes you might have to be patient waiting for your pitch. You don't want to be overly aggressive and fall into the pitchers hands. You also don't want to be too conservative and take good pitches.

So a song that provides a positive vibe and allows for focus is a good thing. Bonus if it can get the crowd in the stadium singing along.

Honestly not sure what I'd pick, but I could imagine the crowed singing along to the "O-OH!" part of Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer. Especially for an Orioles player.

• Upvote 1