The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah  well your exact quote on Thursday at 15;26 in this thread was.....and I quote....

The odds of it actually being his wife are not good. 

That was rude and uncalled for.

So I am going to disagree with you there.

Apology incoming?

Are you going to apologize for your rude comments? Maybe I missed your apologies? 

Your posts in this thread range from immature and borderline dumb, to obnoxious and outright gross. It’s disappointing that the thread wasn’t locked yesterday. I’m shocked that @Tony-OH or one of the moderators didn’t shut down this clown show. This devolved very quickly into the standard chest thumping idiotic crap that makes up so much of the internet. This is relatively rare for the OH and I hope the moderators shut threads like this sooner than later in the future, as they have done thousands of times in the past. The moderation is a big part of what has made the OH the best part of the internet for many of us for many years. 

Now I’m going to put you back on ignore and sulk about the orioles loss in the real world. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2024 at 6:55 PM, RZNJ said:

“I was an elite athlete in 6 sports and my wife is a 9 or 10.”

”Oh, and I have lots of muscles.  Just look at the pic a posted of myself”.  

“And I lean far right politically just in case you wanted to know”

”And those pics you found of my wife on another website.    That’s really my wife.  I don’t lie.  Never. “

TOTAL FRAUDSTER ALERT

Fo sheezy my neezy, keep my arms so breezy.

I need no proof that RZNJ was an aspiring gangster rapper when the man kept him down.

31 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Are you going to apologize for your rude comments? Maybe I missed your apologies? 

Your posts in this thread range from immature and borderline dumb, to obnoxious and outright gross. It’s disappointing that the thread wasn’t locked yesterday. I’m shocked that @Tony-OH or one of the moderators didn’t shut down this clown show. This devolved very quickly into the standard chest thumping idiotic crap that makes up so much of the internet. This is relatively rare for the OH and I hope the moderators shut threads like this sooner than later in the future, as they have done thousands of times in the past. The moderation is a big part of what has made the OH the best part of the internet for many of us for many years. 

Now I’m going to put you back on ignore and sulk about the orioles loss in the real world. 

You are more than welcome to give me an example where I personally posted rude comments to someone. 

Especially after I have been personally insulted 20 x in this thread?

I will wait.......

I think I said a poster was a clown, and that was ONLY after that poster said I was an idiot for saying a $200 bowling ball was not worth a $15 Eddie Murray autograph. 

Posted (edited)

And meanwhile? 

My original post still stands.

Today was a day the O's lost a game that if they had their best players playing? 

They could have won.

Prove me wrong.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say anything of the sort and I certainly didn't disrespect the woman in the image.

Stop lying.

Still waiting for an apology....

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Stop lying.

I said that, but that isn't what you said I said.

Not sure what your issue is.

If I had said "Don't worry that's not his wife." You'd have a point.

I didn't.

4 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

They actually are.  And I don't care what you or anyone says.

They have at least 4 players in Norfolk that are miles better than 4 players currently on the MLB club. 

That is without question and if you argue that?  You are a clown.

Im confused.  If I give you arguments I’m a clown?  Or do you want to keep ranting that no one is giving you a reason?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I said that, but that isn't what you said I said.

Not sure what your issue is.

If I had said "Don't worry that's not his wife." You'd have a point.

I didn't.

If I say that is my wife.  And I provide pics of said wife....

There is no reason for you to say said wife is not my wife.

It really is that simple.

If you cannot apologize for that?

Ok.  No problem.  We are just internet people.  It affects my life in zero way.   It does affect your credibility as an internet poster that I believe you value to a high degree.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Stop lying.

Why did it offend you so much? This is the internet. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

If I say some is my wife.  And I prvide pics of said wife....

There is no reason for you to say said wife is not my wife.

It really is that simple.

If you cannot apologize for that?

Ok.  No problem.  We are just internet people.  It affects my life in zero way.   It does affect your credibility as an internet poster that I believe you value to a high degree.

You said your wife had no social media presence and yet the picture you provided had multiple hits from a reverse image search dating back almost a decade, including one from a weightlifting forum...

That's plenty of reason to question.

6 minutes ago, scottbbfm said:

Im confused.  If I give you arguments I’m a clown?  Or do you want to keep ranting that no one is giving you a reason?

Stop with the hyperbole.  Seriously.  Stop talking about me.  Start talking about the O's.

Give me facts...NOT FEELS....as to why you think the 4 players on the MLB club (that I have mentioned incessantly) are better players than the AAA club players (that I have mentioned incessantly) can help the O's win more  games....TODAY

33 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

And meanwhile? 

My original post still stands.

Today was a day the O's lost a game that if they had their best players playing? 

They could have won.

Prove me wrong.

Dude, read the room.  

Seriously, you're wondering why you're being greeted the way you're being greeted and it's obvious to everyone but you.  The chest thumping is obnoxious and weird, you're like Kenny Powers but not nearly as funny.

In regard to the Orioles having different guys on the roster right now and proving you wrong, I don't even know what the hell you're arguing this point for.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone on here who would prefer to have Hays, Urias on the team vs. Mayo, Holliday and others.  

The whole "prove me wrong" schtick is so dumb because there's no way to tell that if Mayo and Holliday were on the roster today, they'd have 100% won that game.  

People are acting like it's a given that Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, Stowers and Norby are all going to mash in the majors like they are in AAA right now and there's also no way to know for sure about that, either.  Based on the talent alone, yeah, those guys should have better overall careers than Urias, Hays, Mountcastle, Santander, etc.  But that doesn't mean they're going to be better than them right away.  Their presence doesn't guarantee a win today, and acting like it's a given is just stupid.

In regard to the whole premise of the thread, it's just absurd.  This team won 101 games last year and they're being piloted by some of the best and brightest minds in the game.  While that doesn't give them a free pass go without being second guessed, I'd say that they've done a fantastic job on steering this franchise in the right direction towards becoming a perennial contender.

If they deem it necessary to keep some of these guys in the minors for a month or so in order to pick up an extra year in the middle of their careers for a month out of the 2024 season, that's an obvious trade to make.  Yeah, it sucks because we're all impatient but it's probably best for the long term.  If you can't see that, there's no real reason to keep going back and forth with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Stop with the hyperbole.  Seriously.  Stop talking about me.  Start talking about the O's.

Give me facts...NOT FEELS....as to why you think the 4 players on the MLB club (that I have mentioned incessantly) are better players than the AAA club players (that I have mentioned incessantly) can help the O's win more  games....TODAY

Bro, you have made this about yourself from jump. Have some self awareness. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Kemp

First - your point that every win matters.  It honestly doesn’t. It’s not 1965 when you had to win the pennant outright.  The WC has expanded so much it’s diluted the regular season.  If they were 3-5?  Fine. 

Holliday will be up shortly.  They wanted to get him a couple more AB’s vs lefties.  They don’t like having to send high profile guys down if there’s a chance the scuffle.  
Westberg starting regularly at 3B now.  You can see the wheels in motion - and they probably want him to debut at home (although Gunnar didn’t).

Kemp will be gone and Urias will be moved to the Kemp role.  They want guys like Mayo to play every day.  And he’s not a utility guy anyway.  

Mateo has a role because he can get you a stolen base when necessary. To - ya know - get wins.  People can argue the value of that, but Elias likes it.  

So that means you’d have to be prepared to lose Hays for good with probably not a ton of return.  Cutting ties with Hayes at the point in the season is probably a bit risky. Stowers, Kjerstad coming up and performing isn’t a certainty. Remember Cowser scuffled.  Stowers has scuffled.  Elias is rolling the dice that some sort of injury will happen because it always does and that will unlock the jam.