If you could change/update/renovate a few things at Camden Yards...what would you do?

DrLev

I wish they'd build them into the Warehouse itself. Kinda like the different-colored brick that says "Warehouse A", "Warehouse B", etc., but do it better.

Exactly what "better" means, I don't know.

The main idea is to actually build them in to something old, to make them seem more timeless and forever than just signs hanging on the pressbox or outfield wall.

It would probably be quite costly, but I really like the idea of building statues into the warehouse. Sort of like a Stone mountain, only for the O's instead of the civil war.

Along those lines, my preferred addition would be a monument park that actually consists of life size bronze statues along with plates on the ground telling their stories/stats. It would be something kids and parents could walk around and talk about. If we could do something similar by incorporating it into the warehouse, all the better.

Oh, and a wider home plate. :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can buy a 50 game scorebook from Dick's for like $4.99

Those ones (or at least the ones I could find) are meant for little league and as such don't have any space for extra innings. Though it costs more, I recommend (and use) the fan scorebook from bcscorebook.com. It's $25 and has space for 100 games, plus it's spiral-bound so it sits flat. Space for 13 innings, 7 pitchers for each team, subs, and random notes. Heck, mine's even got Matt Wieters' autograph.

I know you can get OP outside, but ppl can also forget to get it, or come in an entrance where there are not ppl selling it.

Philly sells them for $2 right when you come in, its the best thing ever.

The O's should really take a field trip to Citizens Bank Park and see how the Phillies put on a game. Its light years ahead of the O's.

It would be nice to have a place to hang out wher you can see the game. Like that roof at the Nationals Park or the place at the Phillies. Maybe put a bar or something on top of the batter's eye.

They really need a cool "place to be" like McFaddens in Philly. I know everybody goes to Pickels but it would be nice if that bar in the warehouse was a little more hip.

Great job with the new scoreboards, even though you cant see the out-of-town board on the first base side.

I really think there should be a "44" either on the outfield wall or in the bullpen that is visable.

Yeah, I don't understand at all why they don't have an "O-R-I-O-L-E-S" thing for the scoreboard. It's the most classic cheer for the team and probably the most popular, yet the team barely seems to endorse it except when the Bird is in your section to lead it (or SilentJames).

Find some old footage of Wild Bill doing the letters and run it on the scoreboard. :thumbsup1:

I wish they'd build them into the Warehouse itself. Kinda like the different-colored brick that says "Warehouse A", "Warehouse B", etc., but do it better.

Exactly what "better" means, I don't know.

The main idea is to actually build them in to something old, to make them seem more timeless and forever than just signs hanging on the pressbox or outfield wall.

I'm going to disagree with you here, RShack. While I could see somehow mounting the retired numbers ON the Warehouse, I really don't want anything built INTO the Warehouse. (Besides, things could get awkward if/when #21 gets retired, and 20 and 22 are built into the Warehouse walls.)

:D

Cheerleaders?

Just kidding, no cheerleaders for baseball! :D

I went to a game in Mexico two years ago and they had cheerleaders. It was quite interseting. Actually the whole experience was quite interesting. It was definitely a festive atmosphere with a guy constantly beating a large drum, noise makers, cheerleaders. It was Game 6 of their championship series...and I was the only gringo in the joint!! Was fun to experience.

How does anyone not like Crab Shuffle?

That's like saying I hate Baltimore. It's just blasphemous.

And the Hot Dog Race? Let's be honest. Who hasn't bet a dollar or two on which condiment would win the race? I do it everytime I go to the game.

How does anyone not like Crab Shuffle?

That's like saying I hate Baltimore. It's just blasphemous.

And the Hot Dog Race? Let's be honest. Who hasn't bet a dollar or two on which condiment would win the race? I do it everytime I go to the game.

But the Crab Shuffle is the "Big Apple Shuffle" in New York and the "Boiled Peanut Shuffle" in Atlanta. OK, I just made those up. But it's not a Baltimore thing. It's canned, pre-packaged ballpark entertainment.

But the Crab Shuffle is the "Big Apple Shuffle" in New York and the "Boiled Peanut Shuffle" in Atlanta. OK, I just made those up. But it's not a Baltimore thing. It's canned, pre-packaged ballpark entertainment.

So what if it is? Doesn't mean it isn't a simple, fun thing to have between innings.

Not everything has to be 100% original.

(And if you "just made those up", then your point is moot anyway ;))

Archived