Observations from tonight's blowout

DocJJ

Wells looked pretty bad.  I thought he threw harder.  His fastball was 91-92.  He hung a few sliders and got torched.  I saw his other start was pretty good, so I don't know if he just had an off night, or if he is as bad as he looked tonight.  But he did not look like a capable MLB starter tonight.  If he and Irvin continue to stink, we have real problems because I don't know who else can start?  We may see Means again at some point, I hope, but this is the most glaring problem right now...

Heasley looked beyond bad.  He may have pitched himself out of the MLB tonight.  That's too bad....

The Brewers pitcher looked really good.  96 MPH heat and his slider had every single Oriole fooled all night long.  11 Ks I think...   and it sucked to see Joey Ortiz nail 3 hits off us.... (although we have Corbin Burnes, so I guess that's good.)

Cowser is the only guy hitting for the O's right now.  Boy- he's locked in.  Confident.  Solid contact.  I hate the "Moo-ing" but I think we're stuck with it...  The rest of the team is collectively struggling at the dish.  Hays looks totally lost.  Westburg and Henderson are hitting .200 (although with occasional well-timed home runs).  Sadly, Holliday looks completely overwhelmed...  I sat next to his dad tonight.  That had to be tough to watch.  

Hitting is always streaky and I think some guys may heat up.  The starting pitching has me concerned.  After Burnes and Rodriguez, I don' think we have enough...

I'd love to know what Adames said to McCann!  I've never seen both dugouts  and both bullpens empty without a single punch being thrown...  That was kind of lame.  My guess is Adames said something about the lopsided score?  Kudos to McCann for having some fire in his belly- he looked like the only Oriole out there with any...

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

People seem to think that it’s a given that Irvin is the one to move to the bullpen when Means comes back but I’m not sure why that is. Wells certainly is a contender, he’s been pretty bad. 

I don't even think it's a given Means comes back.

My observations from tonights game.

They got their butts kicked by a good pitcher and some good hitters. The same thing happened a few times last year and they still won 101 games.

They were 8-7 last year then won 7 in a row.

8 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

I'd love to know what Adames said to McCann!  I've never seen both dugouts  and both bullpens empty without a single punch being thrown...  That was kind of lame.  My guess is Adames said something about the lopsided score?  Kudos to McCann for having some fire in his belly- he looked like the only Oriole out there with any...

I think most bench clearing incidents end up that way. It’s only a few times a year you see real punches and fighting. 

My last 3 Orioles games I attended:

Mil 11-1 (O's with 11 K's)

TB 7-1 (2 hitter)

Minn 8-1 (Dean Kremer's shortest career outing 2.1 IP).

I know that it's the luck of the draw when you buy your tickets but geez....  I want my money back...

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

That's ridiculous.

His return was delayed last year and they got what, three starts out of him before he was shelved again?

Then he was behind when he got to ST?

Yes, he probably does make it back, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if it is just for a handful of games.

14 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

How long have you been watching baseball?   I’d say there are a lot more instances of cleared benches with no punches thrown than with.  In any event it’s hard to fathom that you’ve never seen it before.

3 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

My last 3 Orioles games I attended:

Mil 11-1 (O's with 11 K's)

TB 7-1 (2 hitter)

Minn 8-1 (Dean Kremer's shortest career outing 2.1 IP).

I know that it's the luck of the draw when you buy your tickets but geez....  I want my money back...

Will you promise not to go to anymore Oriole games?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1