Adley Rutschman 2024

joelala

50 minutes ago, joelala said:

I didn’t see a thread yet for our leader so I figured it was high time to start one. 

The bat looks slow and slappy right now. What do we expect OPS-wise this year?

I read a OH post in the last several months that compared Adley’s first two seasons as a catcher and he had the best career start. @Frobby may know this stat, but my novice searches are not coming up on OH. Baseball reference has searchable filters, so it may have been a @DrungoHazewoodpost.

Adley May have a career year as a hitter. Or a very good average season. Still perplexed at the volume of usage. No catcher has played 150 games a season

Edited by Since1984

11 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

I read a OH post in the last several months that compared Adley’s first two seasons as a catcher and he had the best career start. @Frobby may know this stat, but my novice searches are not coming up on OH. Baseball reference has searchable filters, so it may have been a @DrungoHazewoodpost.

Adley May have a career year as a hitter. Or a very good average season. Still perplexed at the volume of usage. No catcher has played 150 games a season

He's had 1 full day off and 5 games as a DH.

20 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

Still perplexed at the volume of usage. No catcher has played 150 games a season

Sure they have.  Johnny Bench played 150+ games four times, topping out at 160.   He had 130+ starts at C four times, topping out at 139.  

Kutter Crawford seemed to have his number but since then he is getting the mojo back on track. I didn't like that he was chasing a bit outside the zone which is unlike him.

He doesn't need to go for home runs all the time because I think he is best when he is hitting doubles with extra loft mistakes being home runs. His early years at OSU he had to make a lot of adjustments and his growth was huge. He has always been a really hard worker that overcomes challenges and his third year he really started ascending. It seems he has had the time now to make adjustments. It's a long season but hopefully he will be building toward the most important part of the season in October.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Sure they have.  Johnny Bench played 150+ games four times, topping out at 160.   He had 130+ starts at C four times, topping out at 139.  

It is funny that it is Bench, as a last name. Anyone else? I’m still looking 

Realmuto tops out at 139 games. I think Bench and Adley are anomalies. It is not a standard fora Catcher to play 150+ games a season.

2 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

Realmuto tops out at 139 games. I think Bench and Adley are anomalies. It is not a standard fora Catcher to play 150+ games a season.

Pudge Rodriguez broke 150 in '96 and '97. 

5 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

image.thumb.png.2a053dc9fb54f6746a353590c99c57de.png

Is that enough? I only scrolled halfway down the page.

• Upvote 1

Thurman Munson played 150+ three times, and once had 142 starts at C.

Carlton Fisk played 150+ twice and started 150 and 149 at C those two years.  

Ivan Rodriguez played 150+ twice and topped out at 141 starts at C.