Adley Rutschman 2024

joelala

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I sure it is totally by choice that you abstain from contact with women during the season.

He is probably just trying to make up for all of the time spent crying himself to sleep while stuffed in his locker.

2 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

If the O's knew that Adley was being limited by a back issue, they should have traded for a catcher at the deadline and put Adley on the IL.  How much would it have cost to pick up Shea Langeliers?  

A 3 WAR catcher who is FA in 2029 would cost a fortune, way more than any of our deadline acquisitions! If Adley goes on the IL for 10 days we would just see Blake Hunt with McCann.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I sure it is totally by choice that you abstain from contact with women during the season.

I'm not a catcher in the MLB.  I'd also be wary of any women that want to do dumb **** online and try to be an influencer.

She's pretty hot though.

While not reading a word of this thread in a long I have to say that Adley is not that great at anything. I feel like he even loses, strikes by Exaggerating already strikes to look like they weren’t strikes in the beginning. I actually haven’t seen this recently because it looks like he just doesn’t care anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure you could have tackled Christian McCaffrey.

Tell me, do you bowl?  Did you used to raise horses? 

That’s it, you’ve  convinced me Adley is the toughest guy I’ve very seen.

43 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

He’s softer than a pillow. Not only would he be stuffed in the locker he would cry himself to sleep in there

If you tried it he’d probably hang you up on a hook in the locker room.  He’s too polite to actually beat the crap out of you. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

If you tried it he’d probably hang you up on a hook in the locker room.  He’s too polite to actually beat the crap out of you. 

Haha, you’re right about one thing and that is he is too polite. Zero and I mean zero chance he’d hang me on anything

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I know I'm getting up there in age (54) but this is why I despise Tiktok (besides it being a tool to collect data for the Chinese government). Why would anyone think that needs to be recoded and put online? 

And call me old school, but why would a major league baseball player be doing stuff like this in season? I mean I get this is off time, and I'm not expecting him to be crying in a corner when he gets home because he's in the middle of his worse slump of his life, but it's not a good look when your struggling to be worrying about doing dumb TiktoK videos with your girl.

Now saying all that, do I think this has anything to do with his awful slump? No, I do not.

Do I think he should keep a low profile on Tiktok videos with his girl in season, yes I do. 

It’s pretty clear that both Adley and Gunnar are trying to expand their brand.  Gunnar with the Scooby Doo stuff at the All-Star game.  Adley with the crazy Seinfeld shirt this year and the suit, which was actually very nice, last year.   

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

It’s pretty clear that both Adley and Gunnar are trying to expand their brand.  Gunnar with the Scooby Doo stuff at the All-Star game.  Adley with the crazy Seinfeld shirt this year and the suit, which was actually very nice, last year.   

Yes, lot of money to be made pandering to Scooby Doo fans.

I think they are just young guys who grew up with social media. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, lot of money to be made pandering to Scooby Doo fans.

I think they are just young guys who grew up with social media. 

Sure, and they understand branding.  They aren’t out of control, but some care more than others. A guy like a Westy doesn’t seem to care. Doesn’t make him better, just someone who isn’t that interested.