2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

47 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Santander for the gold, of course.  Cowser for the silver (he started the 8th inning rally along with his earlier home run).  Burch Smith for the bronze for keeping the game close.   

Best win of the season!  

Cowser also notable for getting back to the bag at third. Huge play that seemed to rattle the pitcher and got us an extra run at least. 

• Upvote 1

Jackson Holliday for the gold!  What a way to break out of an 0-for-20.  Suarez the silver for another quality start and Cowser the bronze for keeping the big inning alive with his hustle.  

Speaking of which...why is Jon Singleton in the major leagues?   

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

Jackson Holliday for the gold!  What a way to break out of an 0-for-20.  Suarez the silver for another quality start and Cowser the bronze for keeping the big inning alive with his hustle.  

I'm going with Cowser for the two hustle plays. Holliday doesn't hit if Cowser gets thrown out there, and he only ties the game if Cowser doesn't score. Love the hustle!

Also Cano got some huge outs in the 7th and 8th, and big hit by Holliday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Didn't the Astros sign him long term when he was in the minors?

8/28/2024, 3-2 @ Dodgers. Heck of a ball game tonight. Another big HR by Urias, 4+ shutout innings by the bullpen. Adley did a nice job framing and had good AB's all night. Gameball goes to Cionel Perez. He got four big outs including the biggest of them all, freezing Shohei for a huge K. 

This is one of the toughest games to choose.  I will give Emmanuel Rivera the gold for his go-ahead homer, RBI single and outstanding defense at 1B including snagging a high throw from Gunnar and slapping the tag on the same motion.   

Suarez gets the silver, but on any other day a 7-inning 2-run performance at Coors Field would win the silver.  Albert Suarez, you are our ace.  

I'll give Jackson Holliday the bronze for driving in the insurance run and scoring another.  

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

This is one of the toughest games to choose.  I will give Emmanuel Rivera the gold for his go-ahead homer, RBI single and outstanding defense at 1B including snagging a high throw from Gunnar and slapping the tag on the same motion.   

Suarez gets the silver, but on any other day a 7-inning 2-run performance at Coors Field would win the silver.  Albert Suarez, you are our ace.  

I'll give Jackson Holliday the bronze for driving in the insurance run and scoring another.  

Agreed, Albert was worthy but Rivera gets the Gameball for the clutch base hit and two out HR, plus that nice catch and tag to save Gunnar's bad throw.

Holliday loses Gameball points for the lollipop throw in the 9th and bad out at third.

9/1, 6-1 @ COL easy gameball for Eflin coming back from a brief IL stint. Brilliant performance completing 7 IP with 9 K on only 85 pitches. Eflin was perfect through five.

9/2 13-3 vs CWS, Austin Slater gets the Gameball. After the O's had failed to deliver in a couple of man on third situations, Slater put the O's ahead on a 2 RBI 2 out single in the third. Ended up with three hits on the day.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

9/1, 6-1 @ COL easy gameball for Eflin coming back from a brief IL stint. Brilliant performance completing 7 IP with 9 K on only 85 pitches. Eflin was perfect through five.

9/2 13-3 vs CWS, Austin Slater gets the Gameball. After the O's had failed to deliver in a couple of man on third situations, Slater put the O's ahead on a 2 RBI 2 out single in the third. Ended up with three hits on the day.

Both of these seem right to me.  Everyone had a good day today, with a lot of guys padding their stats, but Slater was the one who got the clutch hits early in the game.  Henderson gets the silver today--his home run to lead off the first was a huge morale boost after the top of the first probably prompted a lot of people to say "here we go again".  I'd give Burnes the bronze for minimizing the damage despite some bad luck and bad defense.  

9/3 9-0 vs CSW, I feel like this was such a blowout (which saw us score 4 runs in an inning without a hit) and the White Sox are so atrocious that individual accomplishments can't really be gameball worthy. However, Povich did pitch well so he gets it. I also liked Gunnar's hustle around the bases.