Yankees Series 4/29-5/2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I used to, then they’d get quoted and I’d end up seeing what they wrote anyway. 

Yeah, I wish that weren't a thing, but message board technology isn't exactly booming.

I’d love nothing more than to absolutely tee off on Cortes tomorrow. He’s been a thorn in our side for years and it’d be great if we could just annihilate him and not have him make it out of the second inning or something. 

Our batting average against him is .185, our OPS against him is .519. His ERA against us is 1.99 and we’ve never beaten him across 45.1 innings. Feels weird saying this, but I think I’d like our chances against Cole instead. 

But whatever, I’d love to see Gunnar, Adley and the rest of the gang tee off on him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d love nothing more than to absolutely tee off on Cortes tomorrow. He’s been a thorn in our side for years and it’d be great if we could just annihilate him and not have him make it out of the second inning or something. 

Our batting average against him is .185, our OPS against him is .519. His ERA against us is 1.99 and we’ve never beaten him across 45.1 innings. Feels weird saying this, but I think I’d like our chances against Cole instead. 

But whatever, I’d love to see Gunnar, Adley and the rest of the gang tee off on him. 

Hear, hear!!

Two wins down.  The next one is really key.  Another win clinches the series and guarantees that the O’s finish the series in sole possession of first place.  Keep it rolling!

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Burnes coming out tomorrow and dominating them would perhaps he the biggest tone setter of them all.

Gil strikes me as a guy who could either dominate us for 5 innings or be blown out in the first two innings.  Big K guy with highly questionable command.  I’m hoping to see good, patient at bats tomorrow.  

Burnes was 8 no-hit innings against them late last September in what looks like his sole appearance against them thus far.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA202309100.shtml

That'd do, boss!

Same as Elias held the line on some top prospects, Cashman did the same with Spencer Jones, a reported ask by Brewers/White Sox in Burnes/Cease talks last winter.