Snyder looks to be our LT 1B solution

JTrea81

Who cares what they were five years ago or how popular they are? What matters is if they can put up All Star caliber performances this season.

Indeed. Matsui, Posada and Cano combined for about 25 HRs and an OPS+ of under 100 last year. All-Stars!

Amazing that JTrea is giving them credit for they guys who the Yanks have been falling over themselves trying to get rid of.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JTrea has completely melted down.

You used to be a good poster. But whoever is using your computer now has no idea of what a good major league team is supposed to be comprised of and even if he did, he'd have no idea how a team should go about trying to acquire those types of players that comprise a good major league team.

Everything you think about baseball is wrong.

Izturis, Huff and Mora are all gone after 2010, with Mora and Huff gone after 2009.

So that leaves Markakis, Jones, Wieters and Roberts. We need more...

Right. But we should be contending for the wild card, apparently, in 2009. I feel bad for the Rays and Sox, who apparently don't know that picking up over-the-hill ex-All Stars is the key to success in the AL East.

Izturis, Huff and Mora are all gone after 2010, with Mora and Huff gone after 2009.

So? They have all been All-Stars or have All-Star talent.

Posada and Damon are old and done.

Matsui and Jeter are old and close.

Cano has to bounce-back from last year.

Nady is almost not worth discussing.

You can do the same thing to the Orioles list as well...but that's the whole point (which you won't get, I'm sure).

Those bolded have all been AS or have AS talent. And it doesn't matter who the Yankees lose to age, as they will just buy another AS.

So that leaves Markakis, Jones, Wieters and Roberts. We need more...

You really have lost it. Giving Posada/Matsui credit for being all-stars, even though they were in the past.

Besides, AS is a horrible credential to use. Jeter shouldn't be an AS but he is because of voters.

Everything you think about baseball is wrong.

In your opinion.

The bottom line is we need more positional talent on this team, and we just don't have the type of positional talent in our minor league system to match those other teams. I think people are projecting Snyder more on hope and hype than ability.

We need more guys like Ackley and yes Smoak in the system that will have patience power and good defense already and not have to develop even average skills in those categories to be passable at 1B or other positions.

I just rethought what this entire thread is about, it really is quite amazing if you break it down and look at it.

JTrea is jumping to conclusions on the same question in two different directions.

He is jumping to the conclusion that Brandon Snyder will never hit well enough to be a good major league 1B. And at the same time he is jumping to the conclusion that regardless of how Snyder does over the next few years, the Orioles will install him as the 1B starting in 2010 and continue to play him there regardless of performance or what other players are available.

Simply amazing.

In your opinion.
In the opinion of everybody who thinks rationally about baseball.

Not only do I disagree with nearly everything you have to say, I don't just think you are slightly off, I think you have the exact opposite of what a correct idea would be.

Seriously, even the complete farce of a poster only intended to get a rise out of people that OldFan pretends to be has a more well-thought out approach to the game of baseball than you have shown over the recent months.

Seriously, even the complete farce of a poster only intended to get a rise out of people that OldFan pretends to be has a more well-thought out approach to the game of baseball than you have shown over the recent months.

QFT.

Trea, please put the quoted above in as your new sig line and remove the rest. Except change the word "you" and put "I".

I just rethought what this entire thread is about, it really is quite amazing if you break it down and look at it.

JTrea is jumping to conclusions on the same question in two different directions.

He is jumping to the conclusion that Brandon Snyder will never hit well enough to be a good major league 1B. And at the same time he is jumping to the conclusion that regardless of how Snyder does over the next few years, the Orioles will install him as the 1B starting in 2010 and continue to play him there regardless of performance or what other players are available.

Simply amazing.

Don't forget jumping to the conclusion that he is a butcher on defense at 1B, but should be moved to 3B.

Simply amazing.

You're assuming that he believes what he says. I tend to think he's just doing all this as a general protest against a team that has a different take on building a winner than he does. In the past he's shown much more sense than he has recently, so unless he's had some kind of a breakdown I have to think this whole thing is a show. It's his way of thumbing his nose at the idea that Teixiera wasn't worth $250M of the Orioles' money.

Archived