Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?

Frobby

Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What rules?   The OP is simple and straightforward.  Which starter do you think would make the best closer?    You can argue about which one that is and why.  What defies common sense is when someone argues that Burnes wouldn’t agree to it or that we can’t afford to lose a pitcher from the rotation.

One thing you got right is that it’s make believe.  Apparently some people are incapable.

If you’re upset that a couple people pointed out that Burnes first inning problems this year don’t necessarily make him a bad potential closer, oh well.

Just that you and a few others are picking and choosing when you want reality, when you want fake, and when you want to just trying shoot other people down when they took about 10 second of thought into this "fake" scenario.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m planning a thread on which of our pitching and hitting coaches would make the best third base coach.  

Watch out, you'll get RZNJ telling people they couldn't possibly be a 3rd base coach because their arms are long enough to swing wildly to send runners home.

• Haha 2

Answer to OP - Taking nothing into considerationI except who my gut told me would be best, I chose Bradish. That's my vote and I'm sticking to it! PS - I refuse to defend my vote to anyone cept me! It don't appear I was alone.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Watch out, you'll get RZNJ telling people they couldn't possibly be a 3rd base coach because their arms are long enough to swing wildly to send runners home.

You’ve got it all backwards but that’s ok.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just that you and a few others are picking and choosing when you want reality, when you want fake, and when you want to just trying shoot other people down when they took about 10 second of thought into this "fake" scenario.

Fake.  Frobby isn’t suggesting any of these guys will or should be the closer.

Real.  Which one of the 8 is best equipped to be a closer.

Simple.  

28 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Yep. What does a closer make vs. a starter in the FA market?

You missed the point of Frobby’s question.   He’s simply asking which one would make the best closer.  No one, even the people picking Burnes, are suggesting that he would ever be the closer.   So, whether Burnes would agree to it or not has got nothing to do with it.

In every group of ten people or more, you'll find at least one that is incapable of coloring within the lines.  Perhaps the key to happiness is to focus on those who can rather than those who can't.

7 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I answered Burnes but I considered  Bradish.  I want someone who can overpower hitters with 2  pitches with command.   Burnes with his cutter and curve or Bradish with his two seamer and slider.

Exactly my thinking.  I also picked Bradish for this reason.