Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?

Frobby

Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which of our 8 starters would make the best closer?

Just based on pure stuff to overwhelm hitters at the end of a game, I'd say this would be Grayson Rodriguez. But I'd rather have Grayson Rodriguez as a starter so I went with Albert Suarez because he has some swing and miss in his very good stuff, and I don't want to take Burnes/Bradish/Means/Rodrigez/Irvin out of the Rotation. So by default it goes to the best swing and miss guy we have not in the starting rotation, and I'm mindful of how alot of former starters have become superb closers. (I'm thinking of Smoltz, right off the bat).

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't want to take Burnes/Bradish/Means/Rodrigez/Irvin out of the Rotation.

Kremer is included in that, so we will have to take somebody out of the rotation and it will be a difficult decision. Hopefully we can preserve their ammunition for late in the season, by somehow rotating the rotation.

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

You missed the point of Frobby’s question.   He’s simply asking which one would make the best closer.  No one, even the people picking Burnes, are suggesting that he would ever be the closer.   So, whether Burnes would agree to it or not has got nothing to do with it.

No, I just made that comment at the end of my post to add a little color to the real complexity of this imaginary discussion.