5/8 vs. Nats

4 minutes ago, Ridgway22 said:

Holy crap, I know it upsets some on here, but listening to Melanie is causing irreversible brain damage. I'm sure she's a great person, has worked hard, etc. etc. but this is un-listenable. I tried, yesterday and today, but nope, ain't gonna happen. /rant

At least we don't have the A's announcer. When the A's broke a tie with a solo homer she said "that changes the score dramatically".

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This game is reminding me of when Mountcastle hit a home run off his former roomate to win the game against the Nationals. It seems to be heading to a dramatic finish.

They then rode together later that night leaving the stadium.  They seem to be fast friends.

Edited by Gurgi

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Nice slide Cowser. Don’t ever fucking do it again

Can’t understand why MLers still do it. It’s been proven time and again not to be as fast as just running through the bag and it’s far more likely to cause an injury.

I remember last year she was in the all women telecast.  In the game she made some statement where she did not know a rule.  I forget what it was but she straight up muffed it and it was embarrasing.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• the question isn’t about being able to make the offers, it’s about being awarded compensatory picks for more than one.
    • I don’t consider a 4 o’clock game a night game. He also caught Wednesday night and Thursday day this week. Moral of the story is McCann will start 4 games in 7 days because he is Burnes preferred catcher.
    • It is absolutely possible. In 2022, the Mets gave a QO to Bassitt, Nikki, and DeGrom. The Red Sox gave a QO to Boegarts and Eovaldi. The Yankees gave a QO to Judge and Rizzo. The Dodgers gave a QO to Turner and Anderson. I know that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Santander will not be on the team after this season, and while I generally agree that it is more probable than not that he will not be re-signed, I do think there is a non-zero chance that he will be retained. I think he is the most likely of Mullins, Hays, and himself to be retained, even if it is a small chance. The team has told us how they feel about his bat because he plays essentially everyday, and I have heard Kostka say that they value his clubhouse presence.
    • Santander won’t get a QO, and if he did, he would accept. His defense is declining and we have too many capable youngsters who should replace him effectively. But to your question, I don’t know if there’s a limit, but I doubt it.
    • O's will probably have to wait till July for a trade because there are so many more buyers than sellers.  I think teams like the Blue Jays, Rays Tigers and Mets are likely to be sellers but they are still in the race although not very good teams as constituted. 
    • No Scott. He’s way too undependable. We need someone who WON’T enter a game and walk folks like he’s promoting a healthy lifestyle. He’s been a lot bette4 this season, but he’s too undependable, and we already have too many of those. No Flaherty either. That’s like taking your GF back after she cheated on you.
    • The team's continued success has really put Elias on the spot IMO and I don't see a Flaherty type as an option anymore.  My money is on a sensible trade that comes at a price high enough that most of us here, including myself, won't like, but a premium comes with having bad luck and that's where the O's are at the moment.
  • Popular Contributors