Stowers is back to Orioles, Kjerstad optioned

eddie83

Just now, RZNJ said:

I don’t follow.  Stowers will PH and be lucky to get one start a week.  IMO,  Hyde was downplaying his success against “spring training” LHP.   I don’t expect him to get starts vs LHP.

Just spitballing. Mullins can't seem to hit anything right now, Hays was nothing special. Stowers had some success left on left. Why not give him ABs against a LH? He's going to be worse than Mullins?

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

He had a nice running grab but the other two plays were sketchy in my opinion. He almost fell down trying to pick a ball up and the runner got to 3rd.

Well, we know you have very high standards on defense as you mentioned it was refreshing to have Mateo there for one game because you’re not happy with Gunnar’s throws.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Well, we know you have very high standards on defense as you mentioned it was refreshing to have Mateo there for one game because you’re not happy with Gunnar’s throws.

I love how you hang on to my every word. You've clearly hit like and subscribe, if this was a  YouTube channel I'd be flattered. And yes, it was good seeing Jorge at SS, he's still excellent there. Click the bell so you don't miss my next post.

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Just spitballing. Mullins can't seem to hit anything right now, Hays was nothing special. Stowers had some success left on left. Why not give him ABs against a LH? He's going to be worse than Mullins?

From Hyde’s words, I don’t see Stowers getting starts against, LHP, right or wrong.  Apparently, they don’t put much stock in his ST numbers or some of his previous minor league numbers against LHP.  Maybe I’m wrong but that’s my guess.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I love how you hang on to my every word. You've clearly hit like and subscribe, if this was a  YouTube channel I'd be flattered. And yes, it was good seeing Jorge at SS, he's still excellent there. Click the bell so you don't miss my next post.

Did I say something inaccurate?

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not suggesting he looked good, just that it's overboard to say he got every chance.

I think he got a decent chance, but he wasn't given a huge amount of rope.

Fair enough but there’s a mountain of a diff Between the opportunity Holliday got and Kjerstad’s

13 hours ago, RZNJ said:

From Hyde’s words, I don’t see Stowers getting starts against, LHP, right or wrong.  Apparently, they don’t put much stock in his ST numbers or some of his previous minor league numbers against LHP.  Maybe I’m wrong but that’s my guess.

I don’t think he’ll get many at bats, period.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think he’ll get many at bats, period.   

Yeah.  This is what I said before.

“ Stowers will PH and be lucky to get one start a week.  IMO,  Hyde was downplaying his success against “spring training” LHP.   I don’t expect him to get starts vs LHP.”

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You have other AAA OFers that you don’t care if they play or not. Why not bring them up if the intention is to never play Stowers? (Or Kjerstad for that matter)

Just an odd use of resources. 

Because they don’t want to use a 40-man spot.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You have other AAA OFers that you don’t care if they play or not. Why not bring them up if the intention is to never play Stowers? (Or Kjerstad for that matter)

Just an odd use of resources. 

Stowers falls into the category of “that you don’t care if they play or not”.      Despite the power he was hitting .240.   The Orioles don’t view him nearly as well as most of this board seems to.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Because they don’t want to use a 40-man spot.  

The Os have 3-6 pitchers on the 40 man that you could DFA right now and you either wouldn’t lose them or you wouldn’t care if you did. You can sign their clone tomorrow.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-of-the-order-the-braves-ghost-bench/

Position players unless major trades happen, Elias' roster build seems more like Atlanta than Tampa.     This piece on their light use of the 12th and 13th position player may describe Stowers' upcoming experience too.     

During this era of load management, teams stress the importance of having a deep bench, but that just doesn’t seem to be necessary for the Braves. Indeed, one of the main reasons the Braves have been so good these last few years is their most talented position players have also been their most durable.