O's @ Red Sox 3/15/09

BillySmith

Moeller hasnt gotten a hit all spring if I'm not mistaken, I think his poor performance is opening up the door for the more versatile, and apprently better swinging Robbie Hammock. Any idea whos better behind the plate, Moeller or Hammock? I'd have to assume Moeller simply from his service time, but maybe Hammock never really got a shot.

I don't know. I do recall early in ST one of the coaches raving about the quality of the catchers and how good they are with the pitchers, and I suppose defense.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotcha, thanks for the updates, and according to the boxscore, that double was by Scott Moore who continues to rake this spring, hes batting .414. That was his third twobagger of the spring

Did he have the strained oblique last year that limited his playing time and ability? This is his second great spring. He certainly has the pedigree, being a number one pick I think. Just 26 or so.

Did he have the strained oblique last year that limited his playing time and ability? This is his second great spring. He certainly has the pedigree, being a number one pick I think. Just 26 or so.

I do believe that was his ST injury, than he messed up his thumb during the regular season that cost him at AAA. I think hes only 25, and i know he was the 8th overall pick in 2002. Good to have some depth in the minors, hopefully he'll get a shot later this season to show what he can do in the bigs

Here's your boy, hokie. Jolbert's up. 1-2 count on a swing and miss. .429 this Spring. 2-2 outside. k on a swing and miss on a pitch under the hands, tied him up. 4th k.

damn, but bucholz apparently loves to make the O's look foolish, he sure has both during ST this year...and during the regular season last year:angryfire:

I do believe that was his ST injury, than he messed up his thumb during the regular season that cost him at AAA. I think hes only 25, and i know he was the 8th overall pick in 2002. Good to have some depth in the minors, hopefully he'll get a shot later this season to show what he can do in the bigs

I think it would take an injury to Mora for him to come up. But I'd like to think it would be him ahead of Freel.

I think it would take an injury to Mora for him to come up. But I'd like to think it would be him ahead of Freel.

Yea, I know he took some grounders at SS last year in ST and might have played a handful of games there at Norfolk. Roch just recently mentioned he might get a few more chances at SS again this year in AAA but hes not really a credible backup, but anything to help his chances and increase his versatility. When healthy, he sure seems to have a heck of a bat.

Yea, I know he took some grounders at SS last year in ST and might have played a handful of games there at Norfolk. Roch just recently mentioned he might get a few more chances at SS again this year in AAA but hes not really a credible backup, but anything to help his chances and increase his versatility. When healthy, he sure seems to have a heck of a bat.

Moore, Davis (when healthy), Turner is 3/4 of a pretty good infield at Norfolk. They could all be major leaguers.

Archived