Tuesday, May 21 / Wednesday May 22 GAME RESUMES at 12:15pm: Orange/Black Birds vs Red Birds

SteveA

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

There isn’t data for everything and the data you cited to last time was flawed. There is also more to this game than just strategy.  Good front offices have realized that the relationship between players and their manager can be more important than even strategy. It isn’t much different than an office.  Hyde is well liked by the players, but if I don’t think he is standing up for them, I imagine some of them might feel the same. 

as for it failing last time, he got tossed toward the end of the game.

Ah, okay. The secret is to get tossed in the first inning. Got it. You are speculating that the players don't think he's standing up for them, you'd need 100 foot arms to reach that far, but whatever. Aaron Boone got tossed more than anyone last year and compelled the Yankees to 82 wins. He's one of the greats.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm not watching the game, we're you joking?

I don't think he was joking.   Stowers pulled his hands in and turned on a fastball up and in and lined it sharply to right (110 mph EV)

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

As is Yankee tradition, Rutchman ball was HR on 20-30 parks.

We should all put twitter on blast for how crappy this park is because of it.

11 minutes ago, Malike said:

Again, show data where this helps. If there is any evidence that getting tossed fires up your team and compels them to victory it failed in the last game Hyde got tossed in this season.

I think the specific complaint isn’t that he doesn’t get himself thrown out, but that he’s too passive.

I have no idea whether that’s true or not and certainly there’s no way to evidence it except anecdotal.

Regardless, any manager has to be himself. If Hyde is passive, well, he’s going to be passive, and that’s ok or it’s not l, and I have no idea.

I have other complaints about Hyde, but I don’t care whether he’s passive or not. I just want him  to make better decisions.

Not a lot of leeway for the pitching right now with the hitting in the dumps. 

This offense reminds me a lot of the Duquette type of offense. Lots of power, no obp ability and no ability to work counts. Just a lot of unproductive and quick outs.

• Upvote 1

Number 9 hitter can’t get a runner over and your two best hitters don’t get a hit with RISP. They have just been playing pretty brutal baseball going back to the Nats series, with the Friday win against the Mariners being the only real convincing win. 

Just now, Philip said:

I think the specific complaint isn’t that he doesn’t get himself thrown out, but that he’s too passive.

I have no idea whether that’s true or not and certainly there’s no way to evidence it except anecdotal.

Regardless, any manager has to be himself. If Hyde is passive, well, he’s going to be passive, and that’s ok or it’s not l, and I have no idea.

I have other complaints about Hyde, but I don’t care whether he’s passive or not. I just want him  to make better decisions.

Nobody is privy to the discussions he has with the players. To say he is too passive is a silly assumption. He called them out last night for needing to take better at bats. He's not afraid of his players or hurting their feelings, they are all big boys.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Nobody still likes my idea of Mateo seeing time in center?  Could try it at least vs. some LHP.  Gotta start playing Mullins less.

I wish they invested more time in it vs LHP. They also needed one of Urias or Holliday to hit. 

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Number 9 hitter can’t get a runner over and your two best hitters don’t get a hit with RISP. They have just been playing pretty brutal baseball going back to the Nats series, with the Friday win against the Mariners being the only real convincing win. 

Feels like this has been a trend since September of last season. Hence getting swept by the Rangers when it counted most.