Friday May 24: Orioles at White Sox, exclusively televised by AppleTV+ [RAIN DELAYED START]

SteveA

I dont think this team is in a slump, I think this is what we are. A HR or bust team, cant move runners,a team that has a shaky pen, and starters that cant go 7 innings...The Yankees will never look back. Im not sure this is even a playoff team either...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

It has to end sometime. They are all injuries waiting to happen. 

I think you are right but if somehow they don’t those three will hit at least 150 homeruns.  There is not much you can do about that.  If the Yankees win 110 games and the Orioles 101 we finish 9 games out.  Is that a disappointing season for the Orioles?  No not really.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I wonder how the bullpen will be managed. Akin and Perez are probably best available at the moment, and they're both lefties. Of the right handers, probably Kimbrel or Tate might be options.

Kimbrel for one inning, maybe Coulombe. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I dont think this team is in a slump, I think this is what we are. A HR or bust team, cant move runners,a team that has a shaky pen, and starters that cant go 7 innings...The Yankees will never look back. Im not sure this is even a playoff team either...

Yep, we are what we are.   Just another .600 baseball team.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I suppose you could argue that it made him lose his focus. It was not impeding his path to the ball.  He waited to pursue it. Not sure if he was trying to sell it like a basketball or soccer game play. But that’s what it looked like to me. 

Tony-OH seems to agree. 

Why do you think McAnn didn't rush forward to pounce on a ball when he was the defender closest to it? I don't know, but it seemed to me that having a bat coming at him had something to do with it.