O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

12 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I find it very ironic that this is the thread where people are arguing me that the Orioles aren’t cheap. Look at the players on the thread we’re talking about.😊

I feel like they could be doing better. and I’m worried they’re messing with our young prospects because they’re worried about having to pay them.

But it’s OK that I’m paranoid about a kids game that people play and watch for fun. It makes me a really good fan-atic

I know you are trolling us so I give you credit for pissing me off.  NO ONE is saying the Orioles haven’t been cheap for a number of years.  Their owner has been incapacitated for the last 5-6 years.  If you haven’t heard he passed away and there is now a new owner.  He bought the team on opening day.  He didn’t have a ton of time to sign free agents or extend any of the young players.  Lets give him a chance.  The key player they should want to sign is Gunnar Henderson but he has this agent named Scott Boras who likes his players not to sign extensions but go to free agency.  They can offer all they want but it takes two to tango.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

The new kid at school always gets approached by all the weirdos

I’m hoping there’s better here

Oh, I'm sorry, was the new kid trying to be edgy by name dropping the slightly offbeat choice of Ummagumma?  Oh look I'm not picking The Wall, Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon.  I picked the album with the animal noises.

Pardon me for thinking you might have something interesting to say.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Looks like Fujinami's numbers from last season.

I don't want them trying to work magic on someone in the majors on a contending club.

Working magic is for Spring training,  guys in the minors or when the team isn't competitive.

I'm not expecting anything from Vieira and I'm not going to waste my time getting worked up over what is likely another minor league arm. As long as real trades for pitching come later the Orioles can take a flyer on a random pitcher or two.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh, I'm sorry, was the new kid trying to be edgy by name dropping the slightly offbeat choice of Ummagumma?  Oh look I'm not picking The Wall, Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon.  I picked the album with the animal noises.

Pardon me for thinking you might have something interesting to say.

Have a great day! 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Looks like Fujinami's numbers from last season.

I don't want them trying to work magic on someone in the majors on a contending club.

Working magic is for Spring training,  guys in the minors or when the team isn't competitive.

I agree with this. The only thing you can really do in season is change pitch mix - you’re not going to be able to tweak pitch shape or mechanics or learn a new pitch overnight.

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Too bad they did not sign Thiago Silva,  I love him!!

He was the heart of Chelsea's lineup the last few years. He actually looks like he could play until he is 70

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Brewers did not want to pay Vieira the 500K left on his contract is my guess.    O's assume that cost  while buying Rodriguez.    The O's have seen enough of Stalling to know he was not going to help them in the majors.     JMO

O's are likely to DFA  Vieira and see if he will accept an assignment to AAA.

I hope this is the explanation.  I'm fine with this move if they can assign him to Norfolk and try to fix him there (although at 31 he seems kind of old for fixing).  I do not want this guy getting innings in the major leagues the way he is now.  

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Oh

You have enthusiasm. You have passion. You have a clear desire to be heard. Kudos. 

But you don't think or post with logic or reason. You're contentious and combative. You're more likely to be banned than respected.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Phil Beckett said:

So no one is complaining about the Orioles not signing extensions for their young stars? Nowhere?

That’s an interesting take 

You are confusing an extension and how things work money wise.

We could sign Henderson for 300M tomorrow and his salary would still be nothing next year.

You said you don’t pay attention to the finances of things. You should actually try to educate yourself before ranting about things.

The idea that you are getting your info from dipsh!ts on the internet tells me all we need to know. 

Edited by Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

You have enthusiasm. You have passion. You have a clear desire to be heard. Kudos. 

But you don't think or post with logic or reason. You're contentious and combative. You're more likely to be banned than respected.  

Gee

are you gonna ban me? Why would I get banned? You don’t like my questions or comments?

I thought we were just talking about a game that people play for fun called baseball. I didn’t know this was life and death.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

We could sign Henderson for 300M tomorrow and his salary would still be nothing next year.

So what happened to all the millions of posts I’ve seen here and on Camden chat about how everyone is really worried that the Orioles aren’t signing their new young stars to extensions?

Was I completely hallucinating? ?

strange 

Maybe somehow I’ve moved to a new dimension. Kind of cool. Hope there’s less rednecks.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You said you don’t pay attention to the finances of things. You should actually try to educate yourself before ranting about things.

The idea that you are getting your info from dipsh!ts on the internet tells me all we need to know. 

So I need to study baseball finances? What would be the benefit to me besides being cool on a chat room? I like the game baseball. I’m really not a big fan of capitalism.

people sure get angry quickly here