My biggest question entering the season

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Pure speculation time.

I think that the fact that Norby has not been called up and that other teams have not been enticed enough by him to finalize a trade for him indicates that they have questions about the bat translating well enough to cover for the glove.

He can hit in AAA, but can he hit well enough in the majors to be valuable as a bat first guy?

So you’re doing the opposite of speculation?🤣

Wow 

Who do you know?😮

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

The reason we have a low payroll is the previous owners fault.
camden yards used to be full of fans every day. He destroyed the franchise. This new owner needs to pick up some of the slack. Remember how disappointed we all were in when the lift thing happened? We actually expected a lift off and nothing happened and we stayed cheap.

Spend some money. It ain’t my money. I just want a winning team.

WE ALL KNOW THIS! Why are you coming here now to repeatedly state something that is already in the past OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

There is nothing that can be done right now to right all the wrongs of the awful Angeloses. But the franchise is far from destroyed. We are witnessing what Rubenstien's marketing team has labeled "The next chapter".

We have a winning team and then some! And there is nothing that Rubenstien can spend on at the moment. IF he does not spend anything to add at the deadline (though trade) or in the offseason (during FA and/or extensions) then you will have a point.

But I can find a purpose in continuously going back in the pass. If it's that hard for you to move on, you always have the option of rooting for another team or spending your time, attention, and money on another form of entertainment. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

WE ALL KNOW THIS! Why are you coming here now to repeatedly state something that is already in the past OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

There is nothing that can be done right now to right all the wrongs of the awful Angeloses. But the franchise is far from destroyed. We are witnessing what Rubenstien's marketing team has labeled "The next chapter".

We have a winning team and then some! And there is nothing that Rubenstien can spend on at the moment. IF he does not spend anything to add at the deadline (though trade) or in the offseason (during FA and/or extensions) then you will have a point.

But I can find a purpose in continuously going back in the pass. If it's that hard for you to move on, you always have the option of rooting for another team or spending your time, attention, and money on another form of entertainment. 

I used to have to tell my kids to clean their room more than once.

maybe if I start a movement here on this chat room, it will catch fire and all the Orioles fans will start repeating what I’m saying, and we will put public pressure on the new owner to spend more money!

Edited by Phil Beckett

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I mean, who is that cheap scrapheap we signed that just came into a game and walked the bases loaded and gave up a triple?

That’s cheap.

That's actually the opposite of cheap.

Just shows you weren't paying attention.

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I mean, who is that cheap scrapheap we signed that just came into a game and walked the bases loaded and gave up a triple?

That’s cheap.

The Dodgers signed Yohan Ramirez, after we and the Mets released him.  His first appearance he hit two batters and walked another.  Cheap.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's actually the opposite of cheap.

Just shows you weren't paying attention.

Ooh we love unrefutable proof and stuff! 
it means you WIN! So far pretty good day for you

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

Ooh we love unrefutable proof and stuff! 
it means you WIN! So far pretty good day for you

You don't actually know very much do you?

Edit- I was going to add "about baseball" but decided it wasn't needed.

Edited by Can_of_corn

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You don't actually know very much do you?

No 

you’re a vastly superior human being in all ways 

Norby had a 109 wRC+ last year in AAA (with a .347 BABIP). He has a K% over 30% this year and has a wRC+ of 130 that is aided by a .402 BABIP. He can probably out perform Hays and Urias at the plate right now but I’m not sure he’s a real solution considering he’s not a good fielder. 

If we need another RH bat to replace Hays (and one that can play the OF), Taylor Ward and Mark Canha could be good adds. They probably need a LHH to platoon with Mateo if they are moving on from Urias - let’s hope that Holliday can be that guy. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I don’t ever remembering saying it has to start today. I want to see some signs though we’re not gonna be cheap. I haven’t seen one thing yet. Have you?

What "signs" would be reasonable to expect to see as it relates to Rubenstien's intentions of spending?

He said at the outset of his opening statements that he wanted to bring a World Series championship back to Baltimore. That is MUCH MORE than the previous owner ever said when he talked about bringing concerts to Baltimore and hoping to operate like the Rays, Brewers, Guardians (all low budget/cheap teams). 

How many times have you been to the stadium this season? I have been to several games and I have seen Rubenstein at all of them. Again that is much more than JA ever in showed interest in doing.

As a matter of fact, the Orioles called me last week to discuss my customer experience and me potentially increasing my season tix package. That is MUCH MORE than they ever did under JA. When I sent an email complaining of the meh signing of Frazier in the 23' offseason, the Orioles removed me from their email list. Now they are VERY responsive to my concerns with emails and personal phone calls. That in and of itself is enough for me to see that times are changing for the better!

• Upvote 2