The 2024 Trade Deadline

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Which one? The one 15 feet over his head or the one 25 feet wide of the bag?

The one where Gunnar slid, pivoted, and threw.  It went under Mounty's glove.  

13 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Agree on Mayo.  On O'Hearn he is likely to get better with reps.  Santander was surprisingly decent there last year too.  I would let Mounty go for the right deal.  

If Mounty is traded, I would have Santander playing a lot of 1B and Kjerstad playing RF.  Mullins brings back so little in a trade, I don't see the point of trading him 

25 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If they are going for it in 2025 why would they trade anyone who isn't a free agent after this year? Makes most sense to stand pat and reinforce through free agency.

Because Paredes was available now and they really wanted him.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Mounty is traded, I would have Santander playing a lot of 1B and Kjerstad playing RF.  Mullins brings back so little in a trade, I don't see the point of trading him 

Santander at first and Kjerstad in right.

That doesn't sound like a sound alignment.

20 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Agree on Mayo.  On O'Hearn he is likely to get better with reps.  Santander was surprisingly decent there last year too.  I would let Mounty go for the right deal.  

I'd let anyone go for the right deal.

It's the right deal, be kinda dumb to turn down the right deal.

Passan on Sunday Night Baseball pregame speculated about ATL or NYM for Snell, being reactionary to recent Kodai Senga and Reynaldo Lopez injury news.

Even if that's fanciful, those teams may be more in on the Fedde type people last 2 days now.

Snell's 15K was the Rockies on the road, but also the 6 IP record.    I guess in the higher intensity Driveline era it is tougher to chase Roger Clemens or Kerry Wood at single game numbers starting with "2".

44 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If they are going for it in 2025 why would they trade anyone who isn't a free agent after this year? Makes most sense to stand pat and reinforce through free agency.

If you can get someone to give you something you want for Taillon then take that money and sign someone else you get some prospects and a pitcher similar to Taillon.  Maybe give 2 year deal to Severino for around 40 million so you get a player like Norby or Stowers plus Severino instead of just Taillon at about same cost.  

I saw Brenton Doyle got pulled from the Rockies game earlier.  They’re saying no trade as of yet, but I’m assuming someone is deep in conversations with them.  He seems to tick a lot of boxes, a right handed centerfielder who is a plus defender, and has some pop and speed. Also doesn’t hit free agency til 2030. If it is the Orioles, what would you all be comfortable giving up for him?  

2 minutes ago, toughbuff1 said:

I saw Brenton Doyle got pulled from the Rockies game earlier.  They’re saying no trade as of yet, but I’m assuming someone is deep in conversations with them.  He seems to tick a lot of boxes, a right handed centerfielder who is a plus defender, and has some pop and speed. Also doesn’t hit free agency til 2030. If it is the Orioles, what would you all be comfortable giving up for him?  

I doubt that would be Orioles we want Someone that can hit a little lefties and be the short end platoon type guy not a starter type player.  I think Seattle would be the play there for some pitching.  

3 minutes ago, toughbuff1 said:

I'd be very happy to add him.  Didn't think he'd be available.