The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, LGOrioles said:

That’s true that he might not. But Gunnar was good in his brief stint in 2022 (128 wRC+ in 34 games). It was his first 2 months in 2023 that weren’t great. Even with that, from his debut through May 2023, he still had a 111 wRC+.

Gunnar was younger in AAA than Mayo is right now, but Mayo walked more, struck out less, and had a higher ISO. Even if he’s a 110-115 wRC+ guy, he’s likely more valuable to the team than Urías, with the potential to be much, much better if he clicks right away. 

Yeah, I don't understand the need to lump Henderson in with others that had horrendous debuts!!!! Why rewrite history? He came up and immediately put a jolt into the lineup. He had a slump in April of 2023 to the tune of a 96 wRC+!!! That's barely below league average offensive production. Cause he was walking a TON. And then a 103 wRC+ in May before exploding. I've never understood that narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not sure. I see a guy who in the past hasn’t been good at throwing strikes but he’s throwing them this year. The K rate is still low and he doesn’t miss bats. He hasn’t pitched much but the statcast info is meh.

Im not sure I see him as an upgrade over what we have and I’m skeptical he keeps throwing strikes at the level he is this year.

Fair, Does pitch to contact, not a power arm but trending and controllable, how bout Nardi, going in the other direction but big year last year, strike out rate way higher. Only bring these type of names up because I think thats what were going to get. ( youre Texas trade fits as well)

2 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Fair, Does pitch to contact, not a power arm but trending and controllable, how bout Nardi, going in the other direction but big year last year, strike out rate way higher. Only bring these type of names up because I think thats what were going to get. ( youre Texas trade fits as well)

I have been bringing up Nardi since the offseason. He’s at the top of my list. May not be on the table though.

3 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I think most people would like Nardi but he's probably the least available option out of the pen there with 4 years of control. They'd probably deal him but he wouldn't be gotten for scraps.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have been bringing up Nardi since the offseason. He’s at the top of my list. May not be on the table though.

actually hes trending quite fine other than ERA and H/9, What might it cost to put him on the table, lot of control with this guy too.

Just now, Safelykept said:

actually hes trending quite fine other than ERA and H/9, What might it cost to put him on the table, lot of control with this guy too.

Tough call. The higher ERA probably doesn’t help him but yea, everything else is good. I proposed something with Luzardo.  Probably better off keeping him and seeing what he can do as a closer and just trade Scott but you never know what they might do. 

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think most people would like Nardi but he's probably the least available option out of the pen there with 4 years of control. They'd probably deal him but he wouldn't be gotten for scraps.

Yes youre right would be more of splash than meh, what might that cost be, we need help and we need it fast

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Tough call. The higher ERA probably doesn’t help him but yea, everything else is good. I proposed something with Luzardo.  Probably better off keeping him and seeing what he can do as a closer and just trade Scott but you never know what they might do. 

Yes for them. I think their selling him as next Closer. But for us Tanner Scott? dont know about you but revisiting guys we moved on causes me anxiety

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Quit crying.  Your posts are hard to decipher.  I’m sorry you are sensitive to me saying that but when you are trying to ask me something and I don’t know what it is you saying, I can’t answer you. 

Im not moving any goal posts, I just don’t know what you are asking.

And I didn’t realize 8 and 10M are the same thing (I don’t think Mounty gets to 8M either). I thought 10 was bigger than 8?  Hmmm, who knew? 

I was quite clear on what I said a deal for Mounty was. If that’s what you are asking about, just read what I wrote.

Nathaniel Lowe and Mountcastle are essentially the same player.  Both have career 120+ OPS.   Both are arbitration eligible and FA after 2026 season.  Mountcastle makes 4M this year.  Lowe makes less.

And your logic is that we get Scherzer and Yates for Mountcastle and they non tender Lowe.   First, you have to believe Chris Young is even dumber than you are and I can assure you he’s not.  LOL

I still think we should kick the tires on Berrios or Gausman. Guys we would have after this season that are proven, and yet shouldnt cost what Crochet or Skubal will.

8 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

A not-so-fun fact:  Our current 2025 rotation options are Rodriguez, Kremer, Suarez, Povich, McDermott and Irvin.

It’s 2024 though. Life is good. We should try and enjoy that. We’ll be alright. Our GM was good enough to get us here, I’m sure he’ll figure it out for next year’s rotation.

• Upvote 2