The 2024 Trade Deadline

13 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Bigge has blown up consistently hitting 100+. He has the makings of a dominant relief arm and was probably the Cub's future closer. Ty Johnson is nothing.  Thrilled with this deal.

I remember seeing him close out a game against the Orioles on July 9. I believe that was his first Major League appearance. 

His stuff was nasty that day with serious heat. If he keeps that up I won't look forward to facing him in the future.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

Suarez with another ineffective start and fails to complete 5 innings once again. Hard to figure Elias sees him as the number 5 the rest of the season. 

Might we see him go to the pen and Povich coming up for the 5th spot again?

11 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Suarez with another ineffective start and fails to complete 5 innings once again. Hard to figure Elias sees him as the number 5 the rest of the season. 

Suarez pitched pretty well IMO. No HR, had a nubber and  bloop double in their big inning. Had some long ABs that got his pitch count up but I liked how he battled for the most part. But yeah, if we get another starter he would probably be the guy to go. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Why would they want Mountcastle.  They are doing a complete rebuild.  They want prospects.

Hm, I agree they would probably want someone with more years of control (and I agree we would need to include a prospect) but they have a ways to go before I would declare the Chisolm trade a full rebuild move. Chisholm is like their Austin Hays '23. We will see if they move Luzardo, Nardi etc.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Padres overpaid like crazy for Adam.

Did they? He's a lights out late inning RP with multiple years of control, and he's super cheap, which is particularly important for them due to their luxury tax situation (I believe).