Tuesday 6/4 @ Toronto

Morgan423

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which makes the idea of running up his pitch count laughable.

Oh no, the guy that's only supposed to pitch an inning or two is throwing a lot of pitches.

If a guys runs up his pitch count and succeeds in getting on base, then a pitcher who was not prepared for that many pitches, who’s not used to throwing that many in an outing, could get fatigued and we could take advantage of that.

That was my thinking. 

Just now, justD said:

Mounty has become such a reliable 1B.

Of course, I loved Chris Davis at first too…

The only time in a ML game that I saw a ball hit a 1B in the glove and they have it bounce out Chris Davis was playing First.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Where dem colors come from?

Colors?  If you mean the player names that are a different color than the rest, they are all links to the players stat pages, I must have clicked them before at some point. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Someone is going to ge a nice player in Santander for a relatively good price.  He reminds me a bit of Nelson Cruz though not as good at the plate and better in the field. 

Edited by baltfan

2 minutes ago, justD said:

If a guys runs up his pitch count and succeeds in getting on base, then a pitcher who was not prepared for that many pitches, who’s not used to throwing that many in an outing, could get fatigued and we could take advantage of that.

That was my thinking. 

You have folks that are caught up in the early 2000's mentality. 

In today's game, guys get pulled with low pitch counts and relievers all seem to throw 98.

I'd rather keep facing the starters.

Just now, baltfan said:

Some one is going to ge a nice player in Santander for a relatively good price.  He reminds me a bit of Nelson Cruz though not as good at the plate and better in the field. 

Literally no player aged as well as Cruz. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Literally no player aged as well as Cruz. 

I suspect he is actually a Highlander. 

Him and Melvin Mora, last time I saw Mora a couple of years back, he looked like he could just jump back into a uniform for that night's game. 

• Like 1