Povich headed to Toronto

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Same! Especially since there is an active thread on potential trades with the Jays. 

Joining the taxi squad means he isn't actually on the roster yet, correct? There would have to be an IL or other roster move. If we think he is starting on Thursday, will we perhaps option Tate or Akin after they pitch today? 

Or else Vespi goes down yet again.

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Joining the taxi squad means he isn't actually on the roster yet, correct? There would have to be an IL or other roster move. If we think he is starting on Thursday, will we perhaps option Tate or Akin after they pitch today? 

You're correct, he's not on the roster yet. If the team added him to the roster today, then they would have to pay him major league salary for today. So it makes sense that they would wait until tomorrow before announcing the activation.

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Seems like a reasonable comp to me. 

Cade Povich 

Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command FV
45 / 50 50 / 55 50 / 55 35 / 50 45 / 60 50

Cole Irvin

Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command FV
45 / 45 45 / 45 45 / 45 55 / 55 55 / 55 35+

If Cade Povich can come to the show and give us what Irvin has I will be extremely pleasantly surprised!

I keep my expectations low to very moderate for first timers/rooks. I saw what Grayson did when he first got here. And I believe that Grayson is a much better/more talented pitcher than Povich.

But as always, I root for all in the orange and black to excel. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm guessing it's Vespi or Akin for the corresponding roster move.

Unless Bradish goes to the IL.  I hope that isn’t the case but Hyde was doing some dancing about it in his pregame press conference.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm guessing it's Vespi or Akin for the corresponding roster move.

I hope it's not Vespi because he'll be out of options. And I think he's good enough to be on the team. 

Could be a good thing to deload Akin or otherwise use another Tate option.

Just now, accinfo said:

Unless Bradish goes to the IL.  I hope that isn’t the case but Hyde was doing some dancing about it in his pregame press conference.

I really hope that's not it because there's a decent chance we don't see Bradish until the second half of 2025.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I really hope that's not it because there's a decent chance we don't see Bradish until the second half of 2025.

Maybe or they just  want to be cautious with him.  Like they did with Grayson.  

O’s are only the slightest of dogs on the gambling sits. DK has them at +100. That’s literally even money. 

Let’s see what you can do Povich. I think we’re playing really good baseball and Povich gives us that spot starter lift. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Plenty of teams limp into the playoffs and then make a deep run. This team has enough talent to do it, I just want to see Mayo and Kjerstad finally given a shot to play every day (put Kjerstad in RF, Santander at 1B, Mayo the full time DH), and move away from struggling/low ceiling vets like O'Hearn, Eloy, Rivera, and Slater.  Mayo and Kjerstad playing regularly and Westburg making it back for the playoffs could transform the lineup. I think Hyde is a terrible manager who can't write out a good lineup to save his life, but this offense has been so bad for so long that I think even he's capable of making those changes.  If Webb, Coloumbe, and Grayson can all make it back healthy, they'll also make a difference. 
    • Another Hyde thread 🙄
    • How am I scapegoating him? He hasn't played well for a very long time. I'm just saying give Mayo a legit shot.
    • Am looking forward to the season being over.  Yankees are taking full advantage of the O’s ineptitude - as they should.   Team is so inept offensively and does not seem fixable.  Bad combo of too many players still trying to figure things out. Have no idea what to expect over the next 2 weeks,  but currently they are unwatchable and an overall joyless bunch.   Need new dugout leadership that can help this team unlock its potential,  Hyde is no longer the answer and I think he knows it. 
    • Mayo actually had a decent at bat in a game where there were so many poor at bats. He fouled off a lot of good pitches , worked a count to 3-2 and was called out on a borderline strike. Yeah, you can say he's lost,, but I think he's finding his confidence up there. He had three pretty good at bats the last time he started and made a very tough play at third base that was almost an out, missed the runner by a whisker. I think the kid deserves to play and even if he fails, he cant be much worse that what we are putting out there. Eloy Jimenez and Emmanuel Rivera are NOT in our future plans and not doing much either...you may as well let the kid play and maybe he'll run into a pitch and drill it somewhere.I think the more at bats you give him, the likelier good things will happen. It sure isnt helping us to see him on the bench with Nick Maton.
    • I expect Kjerstadt to be recalled tomorrow which will help with the depth even if it just to pinch hit.  Tonight we sent Slater up to pinch hit for O’Hearn then they countered with a pitching change but we didn’t have another left handed pinch hitter to counter them.  Hyde did a great job using his depth and pinch hitting early in the year but he had actual hitters on the bench.  He could pinch hit Urias, Kjerstadt, Hayes, O’Hearn, Stowers, Norby in certain situations.  Now his choices are Soto, Maton, McCann, Mayo, Jimenez  or Slater.  Injuries and trades have not only hurt the starting lineup but the depth of the bench.   I am pretty sure if you told Elias that he would lose Westburg, Mountcastle, Mateo, Kjerstadt, and Urias along with Holliday and Mayo completely falling flat he holds on to Hayes, Norby and Stowers.  How bad is our injury luck been this year?  If Westburg gets hit and breaks his hand two days earlier I believe Norby is still on the team but he broke it two days after the deadline.  
  • Popular Contributors