Live upset thread!

O's are Legends

I don't even care right now. I've never been so miserable watching the NCAA tournament. My kids are both sick, my picks are awful, and my team's most important player is hurt.

I did just run 4 miles after the WVU game ended and pretended every step I took that Bob Huggins face was the street. That was fun.

And Duke looks poised to make a deep run in the tourney!!! :clap3::D

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha, that is funny.

I just saw you in tank's league.... well tanking.

Mine is pretty crappy but I still have all 16 of my sweet 16s.

But I feel for you man, I was going to give you some fun little trash talk, but after the week you have had, I think I am just going to let it go. :o

108'th place out of 108!! Niiiiiice. Yet I'm not in last in the OH ESPN pool. Thanks DJ!!!

I actually have 15 out 16 sweet 16's with WVU being the only one out....for now.

I plan on being pretty active in the thread tonight, we shall see how it breaks down.

Looking for a few upsets tonight. I like Cleveland State and Wisconsin. In other words, bet the house on Wake and Florida State.

I wouldn't mind that. I have FSU in the sweet 16. I like FSU this year, but I think Xavier will be good enough tonight against Portland State.

I just think FSU is going to do well in the tournament.

I have FSU going to the sweet 16 as well but they are still FSU, so we shall see(same with Clemson).

Portland St beat the Zags this year and Xavier has been playing terribly as of late. They also only lost to Washington by 1 and lost at Baylor by 12, when Baylor was ranked.

They have 4 guys averaging in double figures and 2 others averaging over 7 or more.

Shoot 38% from 3...Not the best FT shooting team though..Lots of experience.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A big reason Mounty was missed was his defense, especially with Gunnar’s accuracy issues at times. If Mayo can’t play better 1B defense than O’Hearn than I don’t see how we can afford to lose Mounty this year. 
    • It's not a question of if Kjerstad, Holliday and Mayo play in the majors for the O's.  It's a question on when.    They all can't break in at the same time.   That is too risky for a contending O's team. Santander goes FA and signs elsewhere.   So Kjerstad gets first shot at showing he can be a productive major leaguer in RF.    Holliday and Mayo are held at AAA to see how Kjerstad does. Holliday goes 2nd probably sometime in May.    Mayo stay at AAA until Holliday show he can be a productive major leaguer at 2B.   So Mounty and O'Hearn stay at 1B/DH until mid season when one can be traded to make room for Mayo.   That is my guess.
    • How about Tanner Scott? He's a free agent I'd be excited about.
    • There’s no way I’d go into 2025 with Mayo as the primary first baseman. If this was a couple years ago, sure roll with the kid. But the dude showed absolutely nothing at the plate in the majors. Like not even enough to bat ninth and just take his lumps for a little bit. Not saying that’s who he’ll always be, and I know SSS, but you can’t go into the year with a black hole there and expect to contend. Keep Mounty and O’Hearn, and make Mayo earn it. If and when he dies, great prob Allen to have. And if he doesn’t, we’ll at least you’ve got first base covered.    The April games matter as much as the September ones. If we learned nothing else in 2024, we certainly learned that. I don’t trust Mayo one bit after the flailing I witnessed in September. 
    • Probably.  I don't know if we have a full time DH next year, but I think we'll have a rotation of guys taking that spot, which is wrong, IMO. Adley's OPS last year as a DH was .854 vs. .650 as a catcher.   And that's not an outlier.  For his career, he's got an .859 OPS as a DH compared to .740 as a catcher. The Orioles have to know this.  I know Adley won't want to give up catching, but that's his problem.  We should be able to all agree that he's not all-world behind the plate.  I'm in full favor of giving the majority of the at bats at DH to Adley and using him as a backup catcher instead of the primary and breaking him in at first base.  This assumes that we pick up a good defensive oriented catcher in free agency to be the primary and we'll see where Basallo is early next season. I get it, no one saw Adley having these issues this early in his career, everyone thought that he'd be a stalwart at catcher for 10+ years.  But things don't always go as planned and if his bat is better when he's DHing, that's what it is.   I don't care if he was the #1 overall pick as a catcher, I don't care if he's been an all-star, I don't care if he's a face of the franchise...the bat plays better when he's not behind the plate and the defense isn't great enough to warrant him staying back there.    
    • Igo with #1 too. It's made easier As being a FA  and Mayo still needing time to develop AAA.
    • It was the moment I knew the season was over, basically. 
  • Popular Contributors